Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Bah humbug. (Stuck on the classic level 8 problem room.)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
IP: Logged
icon Bah humbug. (0)  
I got quite far in this room, but, I seem to have got myself stuck. Any ideas on how to get out of here before I have to restart the level?
06-23-2004 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Bah humbug. (+1)  
wackhead_uk wrote:
Any ideas on how to get out of here before I have to restart the level?
You got two tar mothers? You're doing great! From the position shown in your image, fight your way back north-east to the upper center of the room, then go south-east to reach the last tar mother.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-23-2004 at 10:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: Bah humbug. (0)  
Or you can go around the bottom to get to the last tar mother. As long as you don't let the tar trap you in that corner, you're fine.

06-23-2004 at 10:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
I restarted it and I'm doing much better now anyway. Did you like the new theming that I made for the level? :w00t
06-24-2004 at 11:28 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Actuallt, yes I did...would you mind posting it somewhere? It's a very nice theme compared to the original version of the level (Which happens to be the floor tile I hate the most)

06-24-2004 at 04:38 PM
wackhead_uk

File: Style6Tiles.JPG (87.4 KB)
Downloaded 74 times.
License: Other
Here is the floor tile that I made incorporating my brand new pit system.

P.S. - how did you earn the title of master delver? And I am hoping to bring out a space station level soon, like you may or may not be, I cant remember

[Edited by wackhead_uk on 08-14-2004 at 01:26 PM GMT]

[Edited by wackhead_uk at Local Time:11-07-2004 at 08:03 PM]
08-14-2004 at 02:22 PM
DiMono
Next to every post's title are links to rate the post good or bad. Every good ranking a post gets raises your rank points, and when you reach 100 rank points you become a Master Delver. And then 50 is Delver, 30 is Goblin, 300 is Smiter, and 500 is Smitemaster. At least, I think those are the numbers.

[Edited by DiMono on 08-14-2004 at 02:56 PM GMT]

08-14-2004 at 03:51 PM
gamer_extreme_101
DiMono wrote:
Next to every post's title are links to rate the post good or bad. Every good ranking a post gets raises your mod points, and when you reach 100 mod points you become a Master Delver. And then 50 is Delver, 30 is Goblin, 300 is Smiter, and 500 is Smitemaster. At least, I think those are the numbers.
It should be RANK points, not mod. Mod points come as a result of rank points and allow you to rank other posts.

-Patrick

08-14-2004 at 03:55 PM
DiMono
That's what I said, rank points. See? :)

[Edited by DiMono on 08-14-2004 at 02:57 PM GMT: This is what I get for visiting the forum right after waking up after not enough sleep... *sigh* Work, brain, work!]

08-14-2004 at 03:56 PM
gamer_extreme_101
[sarcasm]
Oh yes, you've caught my nasty habit of purposly making mistakes in other posts just so I could look smart and correct them.

Gosh, I have to get a new hobby now, thanks to you... :)
[/]

08-14-2004 at 03:58 PM
DiMono
Wackhead, I can't seem to tell the difference between wall and crumbly-wall in that style you made.

08-14-2004 at 04:01 PM
gamer_extreme_101
The crumbly walls are a bit more pronounced lines. If they could be a bit more darker, it'd probably be okay.

08-14-2004 at 04:04 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Bah humbug. (Stuck on the classic level 8 problem room.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com