Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Fifth row secret level?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Muzozavr
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Fifth row secret level? (0)  
ST1, found all the other secret levels except this one...

Which level contains the fifth secret exit? Please?
11-17-2009 at 12:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Danjen02
icon Re: Fifth row secret level? (0)  
It's hidden quite well in Ace of Spades. Good luck! :)

11-17-2009 at 07:58 PM
Muzozavr
Ace of Spades

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- why does it have to be one of the levels I haven't beaten yet!

Oh well, thanks anyway!
11-17-2009 at 10:19 PM
The Mystic
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
That's the point, to make it fun looking for the hidden levels. If it's any consolation, I haven't beaten this level either.

Click here to view the secret text

11-17-2009 at 11:20 PM
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
I only beat it through going to the secret exit myself.
11-18-2009 at 12:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Danjen02
Note that it is also easier to beat a level through the secret exit on easy mode... I'm sure most of you knew that already, but I felt like pointing it out. :P

11-18-2009 at 12:07 AM
wonkyth
Rank Points: 15
Does this mean that I'm one of the few people to have conquered Ace of Spades?
:D

But Nonsense Transforms it"
- Cedric Whitman
w.r.t. Aristophanes
11-18-2009 at 08:45 AM
Muzozavr
Man, screw Ace of Spades, screw unlocking Rooms Of Confusion and Hide'n'go'Seek, screw it. I'm just going to replay some of the other levels on hard. Those three (including the secret one) levels I haven't unlocked yet? Later.
11-18-2009 at 10:33 AM
wonkyth
Rank Points: 15
Ace of Spades is actually rather simple, it's just that sorting out the order of operations can be tricky.
Anyway, it's one of the funner levels to figure out, and sooo rewarding... :P

But Nonsense Transforms it"
- Cedric Whitman
w.r.t. Aristophanes
11-18-2009 at 11:45 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
wonkyth wrote:
Ace of Spades is actually rather simple,
Rooms of Confusion is much worse :)

11-18-2009 at 11:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Mystic
Danjen02 wrote:
Note that it is also easier to beat a level through the secret exit on easy mode
I always play on easy mode; I don't care for getting blown up when time runs out.
Radiant wrote:
Rooms of Confusion is much worse :)
So I noticed. I've never even beaten the "Intro to Confusion" on the top row.

11-18-2009 at 02:45 PM
Danjen02
Prelude to confusion (and Rooms as well) aren't too hard if you go about it the right way. Basically, you'll want as many keys and tools available to you as possible, as these will open up more paths. Probably the easiest way to do this is to pick an item you want to get, and work backwards, to see what you need to open, and when.

11-18-2009 at 03:56 PM
B.J.Earles
Sweet! I finally managed to master Ace of Spades! No luck on either of the confusion levels though...
11-19-2009 at 10:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Muzozavr
Epic bump. Hard-moded a few remaining levels, then secret-exited Ace of Spades on easy with a strange solution and hard-moded the fifth secret level. Aaaaaand... GRANDMASTER!!! :)
04-25-2011 at 01:50 PM
Danjen02
Welcome back, and awesome! :D

Gonna go for the ultimate?

04-25-2011 at 08:54 PM
Muzozavr
I do want to try. Any tips for getting "Shifting Sands" (fourth secret level) in the time limit or is it just luck? Doesn't really matter so far, I have other levels to do, but still...

[Last edited by Muzozavr at 04-26-2011 07:34 AM]
04-26-2011 at 07:15 AM
Danjen02
It's just luck, but I've never had any problems on it, strangely.

04-26-2011 at 07:46 AM
Muzozavr
Maybe it's the order in which you do it, maybe some orders are easier and more likely to be done? I just can't get it right, you have to wait for sooooooo long before getting anywhere...

EDIT: Tried a different order, finally got it. Man, that's too luck-based. I had like 20 seconds left on the clock. There was a real funny moment when I was trapped in the walls, quite close to the exit, and it just won't let me go. 32, 31, 30... "Please hurry up". How can I hurry when YOU are not letting me?! :lol Thank god it freed the way soon and I was able to get away with it. Which means I now FINALLY have all the secret levels properly mastered and now I can focus on the others. Wheeeeeee. :thumbsup

EDIT: Hard-moded Vertigo (finally!!) and Quadrati, a few others as well, easy-moded Razzle Dazzle which unlocked me Rooms of Confusion... I'm on a roll. So the last level I still have to unlock is Hide n' Go Seek or whatever it's called... which means I have to do either Symmetry or Ray Tracing to unlock it. Then I'll have all levels unlocked -- AT LAST. (About time, really)

EDIT: DID IT!!! Just unlocked that last remaining level by mastering Symmetry. I was actually playing on easy and I honestly expected the hard mode solution to require opening eggs from safes, getting some of the gems from the walls, etc... but rather suprisingly all that was unneeded -- so in the end due to getting one from the wall I even had a gem left over. :P

I'll need to recheck my stats, but I think I'm at 99/85 solved/mastered.

EDIT: 99/86. Got "X Marks The Spot" properly. Man, I can't believe that bomb/crate/safe/pillow puzzle was so easy once you know what to do. :P Only the egg puzzle was a problem after that. And to think I was almost ready to exploit the "shifting" quirk...

EDIT: 100/88. Easy-moded "Hide n' Go Seek" (I can *almost* get it on hard mode, but not quite...) and mastered "Inferno" (which I previously kept losing one due to the time limit) and finally I was able to master Animal Training" in time... even though the solution would probably get the level designer angry. :lol (After you get the ice tool, you can push crates in the water to get all the remaining tools by yourself. Another cryobird is used to explode all four safes. No more animal training needed)

EDIT: 103/89. One (possibly) or two (definitely) more levels solved on easy and I'll be Legend. Among levels which I have to still solve even on Easy are "Bridge of Despair", "Replicating", "ACME", "Ray Tracing" and "Rooms of Consusion". Yeah...

EDIT: 104/89. Got "Bridge of Despair" but can't do it in time so far. Simple level, though, once you finally understand how to clone the other players.

EDIT: 104/90. "Bridge of Despair" mastered and over with. Not Legend yet. It seems to me it's not actually possible to hard-mode it the "walkaround" way without using the traps at least once.

[Last edited by Muzozavr at 05-13-2011 06:11 AM]
04-26-2011 at 08:27 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Impressive.

Ah, I love good ol' Rooms Of Confusion. It's one of the first levels I let all the alpha testers play, and of course none of them figured it out back then (although Gerben47 eventually did). I'm not even sure if I recall the solution :D

05-03-2011 at 06:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Mystic
Muzozavr wrote:
finally I was able to master Animal Training" in time... even though the solution would probably get the level designer angry. :lol (After you get the ice tool, you can push crates in the water to get all the remaining tools by yourself. Another cryobird is used to explode all four safes. No more animal training needed)
Thanks, you just gave me a "Why didn't I think of that?" moment. ;)
Radiant wrote:
Ah, I love good ol' Rooms Of Confusion. It's one of the first levels I let all the alpha testers play, and of course none of them figured it out back then (although Gerben47 eventually did). I'm not even sure if I recall the solution :D
I never unlocked Rooms Of Confusion, let alone played it. Heck, I've never even mastered Prelude to Confusion.

05-03-2011 at 10:23 PM
Danjen02
That reminds me of the exploit I found in Laser Maze, before it was fixed. You could redirect the lasers to open the exit, and use the dynamite to destroy the transmuter, allowing you to farm emeralds until the time limit.

I think ST2 had a problem like this in the level where you yell at the warrior to make him follow a track and hit the buttons... somehow I yelled twice in a row, and he ended up looping on himself, hitting a cloner over and over again.

05-04-2011 at 12:18 AM
Muzozavr
You can still farm emeralds in "Through the Waterfall" if you do it right, but the time limit is so strict that in practice it's hardly worth it, unless you're playing on easy.

EDIT:
Prelude to Confusion.
I actually did. I've done the entire first row except for "Weaver" and "Combination Lock". The second one is so horribly confusing that I even tried bringing a MINE from the first room in the last to blow something up. I actually did bring it and could then theoretically get 36 gems instead of 35, but what I wanted was to skip that damn final puzzle and the easy-mode exit prevented that.

[Last edited by Muzozavr at 05-05-2011 05:34 AM]
05-04-2011 at 10:37 PM
Muzozavr
I AM LEGEND.

105/91. Just got it by... mastering "Rooms of Confusion" out of all things. Turns out if you can figure out a few key tricks, the rest of the level becomes strangely simple. :fun I don't know what was the four-way crate for, so maybe I have found an unintended solution... oh, who cares, anyway.

Small hint for others: the hard mode quota does NOT require you to turn rocks into gems. So you don't need to do anything "special" to the magical walls at the right.

I'll probably try to go for the "Ultimate", eventually, but not right now. Schoolwork is killing me...

It strikes me as weird that I can solve a level as evil-looking as "Rooms of Confusion", but a simple-looking "ACME" owns my mind so hard I can't even do it on easy... :?

[Last edited by Muzozavr at 05-13-2011 07:24 AM]
05-13-2011 at 07:14 AM
Danjen02
Congrats!

Which one's acme, again?

05-13-2011 at 08:45 AM
Muzozavr
ACME was the one where you had to drop gems in proper order through cloners in order to get a laser to blast open a door.

I can do the right part correctly (getting the laser through the bottom glass wall) but then in the left half I have to redirect the laser towards the door and I can't do that...

Also, in Rooms of Confusion, maybe I'm missing something, but can't you use the dynamite to blow open the walls above the hard-mode exit and then push the explosives around and get two explosions for the price of one? You'd also have to use the four-way crate then, to save the yellow key.

But actually I have no idea what to do with the second explosive then. It looks like a goldmine for alternative solutions, but by the time you can set the whole thing up like that, you've already done most of the level...

EDIT: Me freaking idiot. Turns out I forgot that lasers can go through rubies. Once that clicked, I mastered ACME in no time at all for a 106/92.

So, "Replicating" and "Ray Tracing" remain as the two levels I haven't been able to do even on easy. Yeeeeeesssshhh...

[Last edited by Muzozavr at 05-13-2011 11:39 AM]
05-13-2011 at 08:54 AM
Danjen02
Ray Tracing is annoying, but it's just about careful setup.

Rubies are excellent "movable placeholders" for lasers in levels.

05-13-2011 at 10:39 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Fifth row secret level?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com