Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Claythro Tower L2 1N
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Songsmith
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 38
IP: Logged
icon Claythro Tower L2 1N (+1)  

Hi
I'm really struggling with this room. How do I keep the snake alive long enough to stop the mother from spawning new roaches. There isn't enough time to kill all those other roaches (at [1]), step on all the red squares, and kill the goblin (qt [2]) to open the red doors before the snake dies. So everytime I open the door at [3] I get deaded immediately.

Please PLEASE PLEASE!!! Can someone offer me a clue, a hand, a demo, anything!

Gratefully yours, and TIA
Jan :frusty

06-15-2004 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
swann_88
Rank Points: 87
icon Re: Claythro Tower L2 1N (+1)  
the orb at 1 is a toggle
you have to keep going back and hitting it
with the proper timing to keep the snake alive
there should be no roaches waiting when you get to 3

06-15-2004 at 05:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Songsmith
Rank Points: 38
swann_88 wrote:
the orb at 1 is a toggle
you have to keep going back and hitting it
with the proper timing to keep the snake alive
there should be no roaches waiting when you get to 3

Yes I'd discovered this - but it doesn't seem to solve my problem. I use W8 to hit the orb, by which time the snake has moved and I only have 8 moves available before the snake is too short to wrap around the roach-mother. No matter what I try, the snake never again goes round the roach-mother, it just wonders around the eastern-end of it's original path until it dies.

Please do you have any further helpful hints? I'm sorry to be so needy, but I've spent hours on this room, and cannot get anywhere with it.

TIA :-)
Jan

06-17-2004 at 05:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
swann_88
Rank Points: 87
you cannot let the snake shrink by even one square or the roaches get out

you should have 25 moves to leave the orb and come back to it if you are doing it right

06-17-2004 at 09:56 PM
cbemom
Rank Points: 36
icon Re: Claythro Tower L2 1N (0)  
This is insane - you have too many moves by the time you kill the goblin, step on that last square, and get back up again - can there be another hint for the lame brains?

12-30-2004 at 04:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
You aren't under any time pressure at all with the goblin.

Click here to view the secret text

12-30-2004 at 05:08 AM
cbemom
Rank Points: 36
Thanks, I'd been trying not to hit the orbs, and this worked. :thumbsup

12-30-2004 at 05:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
My problem is that the snake keeps going around the mother counter-clockwise, in which case I get screwed. Sometimes I can get the snake to go the right way, but not often. Snake manipulation has always been a weak spot of mine. Tips?
06-11-2005 at 05:03 PM
schep
Rank Points: 865
bdcribbs wrote:
Sometimes I can get the snake to go the right way, but not often.
I don't understand. If we're looking at the same room, the serpent is restricted to one loop forever. So you can't manipulate it or get it to go different ways, only slow and/or kill it with the door.
06-11-2005 at 06:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bdcribbs
schep wrote:
I don't understand. If we're looking at the same room, the serpent is restricted to one loop forever. So you can't manipulate it or get it to go different ways, only slow and/or kill it with the door.
When it comes to the top, it can either go down (clockwise), or right (counterclockwise) around the roach mother. If it goes counterclockwise everything is fine. When it goes clockwise the mother spawns, traps the snake and kills it and game over.

[Edited by bdcribbs at Local Time:06-11-2005 at 06:41 PM: fix my stupid clockwise flip-flop]
06-11-2005 at 06:33 PM
bdcribbs
I think I mixed up how clocks work... if the snake goes down it's clockwise around the mother, if it goes right, it's counterclockwise.

Edit: and it's when it goes counter that I can survive, but I can only get the snake to go that way once, next time it goes down, circles the mother clockwise, and game over.

[Edited by bdcribbs at Local Time:06-11-2005 at 06:39 PM: clarify]
06-11-2005 at 06:36 PM
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
I believe that problem will only come up if you've let the serpent shorten. Watch as you're playing the previous parts of the room to make sure the door is always open when the snake is on it or about to go into it.

++Adam H. Peterson
06-11-2005 at 07:02 PM
bdcribbs
Oh duh, thanks for the help.
I haven't solved it yet but I got past my stuck point.
It was
Click here to view the secret text

06-11-2005 at 08:44 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Claythro Tower L2 1N
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com