Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Weird Pathfinding (minor, but doesn't seem intended)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
IP: Logged
icon Weird Pathfinding (0)  
In Hold Anonymous, if you stand on the left tunnel in first level 1N1W and you press control-up then Tendry will pass through the tunnel and stop moving there.
09-05-2009 at 03:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3118
IP: Logged
icon Re: Weird Pathfinding (0)  
This is because the quickest path to the north that the pathfinding detects is E, N. It tries to avoid going over tunnels, but it doesn't understand that when standing *on* a tunnel, going in the direction it faces will either cause you not to move or transport you to a new tunnel.

I'm not exactly sure how it reacts after going through the tunnel: this seems to depend on the precise layout of the room and the path that it has chosen. In this case, it tries to make a NW move to get back on track, but the Orthosquare blocks that move, so the pathfinding aborts.
09-07-2009 at 09:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Weird Pathfinding (minor, but doesn't seem intended)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com