Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Read-only CVS for source release? (it's a bit out of date)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
IP: Logged
icon Read-only CVS for source release? (0)  
Source releases seem to often lag behind the launch of binaries, and whenever new source releases come out, I'm also afraid to touch them because the process of diffing them is nasty - the Windows line endings confuse the crap out of patch. Perhaps anonymously read-only CVS branches could be added to make it easy for us to update code? Obviously you'd need to strip proprietary bits out, but it would also make it possible to compare versions, something which isn't possible given that archival source releases aren't available.
08-01-2009 at 06:36 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Read-only CVS for source release? (0)  
Considering CVS is better left dead and buried, DROD development internally being versioned using Subversion and Subversion being both highly superior to and as widely supported as CVS - might I suggest using a public SVN repository instead? ;)

But yeah, this would be nifty...

np: Death Cab For Cutie - The Face That Launched 1000 Shits (Something About Airplanes)

[Last edited by Briareos at 08-01-2009 06:42 PM]
08-01-2009 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: Read-only CVS for source release? (0)  
Briareos wrote:
Considering CVS is better left dead and buried, DROD development internally being versioned using Subversion and Subversion being both highly superior to and as widely supported as CVS - might I suggest using a public SVN repository instead? ;)
I thought the code was still on CVS, but I guess I was wrong. Yeah, SVN >>> CVS.
08-02-2009 at 01:20 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Read-only CVS for source release? (it's a bit out of date)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com