Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaosgamer
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 88
IP: Logged
icon My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again (+2)  
Ok it's me again, before I didn't understand the proses of promotion so here is the hold. Pleas give me feedback so I can fix it. And yes I did ask to get it rejected. You could volenteer to be a beta tester and i'll invite you.

UPDATE: Well now I put more checkpoints in it. Alot more.

UPDATE: Found an unintended solution in L1 1S 1W and fixed it. Expect updates coming fast.

UPDATE: Responded to bdwings request, at the ascent there is more light and fixed note in the room behind the master wall

UPDATE: responded to CSR remira tunnels request, now on to the lunacy chamber for EXSTREME changes.

UPDATE: Lunacy chamber does not exist.

UPDATE: finished the rest of CSR requests.

UPDATE: new version up.

UPDATE: lunacy chambers : 3W is not possible from the left side, I put the 19 roaches around the potion instead.

UPDATE: new version

UPDATE: maybe the last update.

UPDATE: Now THIS is *most likely* to be the last update unless CSR has anything to say.

UPDATE: I put an older version on the post without Jacob's request, this is the real new version.

UPDATE: So close to finishing beta testing =D Latest version attached.

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-27-2009 10:25 PM]
07-07-2009 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again (0)  
It really needs more checkpoints...

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
07-07-2009 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3746
icon Re: My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again (0)  
What happened to the thread for the Slayer Vats (Part 1)?

Because I was playing through it and getting ready to give some feedback.

P.S. Why do we need to ask to be invited?

[Last edited by Jacob at 07-07-2009 08:16 PM]
07-07-2009 at 08:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
Nevermind that asking part. Where does it need more check points?
And I had other plans for the slayer vats. It should be published soon.

EDIT: Sorry about the slayer vats jacob. It was like I said above, I didn't quiet get the process, now I do.

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-07-2009 09:13 PM]
07-07-2009 at 09:09 PM
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
All rooms are solvable.

Your spelling could use some improvement.

Some of the rooms had atmospheric effects I didn't really like. I couldn't even see that there was a way out of one room until I turned off the effects on my PC.

The end (behind the master wall?) mentions there are three secret rooms but there are only two.

"Until it ends, there is no end."
07-08-2009 at 12:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
Thanks, I'll look into that. I'm not a good speller. (I think I spelled that wrong)
07-08-2009 at 01:02 PM
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
Can you please make a editable version?

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
07-08-2009 at 08:12 PM
Chaosgamer
Why? Did you beat the hold? There is only 2 secrets. (yes I was 2 lazy to put more but you can't put secrets on pits) Well I could. Sure.

EDIT: should I email it to you? I don't want other people with an editable version. (no offense)

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-08-2009 09:55 PM]
07-08-2009 at 09:52 PM
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
Chaosgamer wrote:
I don't want other people with an editable version. (no offense)

Note: if you give anyone editable version, it doesn't mean that anyone will steal your ideas; it will just make testing process easier(for example, if you have impossible room testers will be able to test other rooms in editor)

[Last edited by mxvladi at 07-08-2009 10:03 PM]
07-08-2009 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
Oh. :| Well aright. Attached to this post is an editable version.
07-08-2009 at 10:00 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
I think it would be best to do a public beta test for this hold; I don't think many people would want to take on a project like this privately. I played the hold that's on the beta board, so you can see my demos on CaravelNet, but I'm going to comment here.

Hold description: "strange" "tunnels"

The Remira Tunnells: (I think you mean "Tunnels".)
Click here to view the secret text

The Lunacy Chamber:

Deep Lunacy Chambers

3,000,000 feet under the ground: (note: if you leave that period in your level name, it will look really weird in the H&S forum search)

The ascent: (note: if you leave that period in your level name, it will look really weird in the H&S forum search)

The Chosen One Test

Epologue: (I think you mean Epilogue)

07-12-2009 at 06:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
Wow, thanks for all those comments, i'll get to work right now.
07-12-2009 at 10:49 PM
Chaosgamer
Results of remira TUNNELS.

entrance: removed potion.
1N: Added a twist
1S: took away mimic.
1S 1W: left it but will add secret room somewhere with your recommendation.......
1S 1E: left it
1e: left it
1W: left it
2S: removed darkness
3S: does not exist
4S: is now the new 3S
New 3S: made it so you are invisible until you step on the ot

An artiminy is where "things" are manufactured. I was reading when I got this idea.

Look at the first post.

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-12-2009 11:08 PM]
07-12-2009 at 11:04 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
07-12-2009 at 11:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
A book. Fiction. Made up. Fictionalized. Fake. Fantasy. Sci-fi. Not real. Un-real word. Ab-normal. Running out of words here.

07-12-2009 at 11:19 PM
Chaosgamer
Results for lunacy chamber.

What??? What lunacy chamber?! I don't think that doesn't exist!

I couldn't find anything to put here rather than aumtlich. My mind was empty :hmmm

look up for update
07-12-2009 at 11:25 PM
Chaosgamer
You know. It's sad that I had to remove the lunacy chamber for me. :weep Because it all depended on where you entered the room.
07-12-2009 at 11:27 PM
Chaosgamer
deep lunacy chambers. now lunacy chambers.

Left all room except 3W

3W: twisted. less queens, no potion, hot tiles to help on hord.

3,000,000 feet under the ground. Less dark.

The ascent. Fixed the room with problems.

The terra vista and the speed potion factory will be included in the next hold.

Look at first post for update.

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-12-2009 11:38 PM]
07-12-2009 at 11:37 PM
Chaosgamer
So I guess I should submit it now?
07-13-2009 at 12:04 AM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
icon Re: My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again (+1)  
I think you should wait for CSR to at least confirm the changes you've made and look for other things still in need of changing.

And by the way, please don't post 5 times in a row. You can easily put all information in 1 post, and posting multiple times is generally frowned upon.
07-13-2009 at 12:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Chaosgamer wrote:
So I guess I should submit it now?
Whoa, there, pardner. Slow down. Way down.

1. I just looked at the timestamps of the posts in this thread. Just under an hour of polishing cannot possibly result in a large increase in the quality of this hold. Take your time to do it right. I took my time (3 hours playing and 6 hours writing and replaying bits in the editor) to make that list of comments for you.

2. zex and Jacob are still playing your hold, and haven't yet had time to give their own comments. You should always seek several opinions before you consider a hold beta tested.

3. I don't see this "new version" anywhere. You haven't uploaded it on your beta board, and you haven't attached it to the first post here.
07-13-2009 at 05:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
Yes I did.

Well, here it is then.
07-13-2009 at 02:18 PM
Jacob
icon Re: My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again (+1)  
Yes, please don't submit yet - the hold is certainly not ready. In fact it's currently uncompletable due to some bugs. I would really recommend posting an anyone-edit version of the hold to make it easier for to catch bugs, find secrets and jump between rooms.

Remira Tunnels

The original Lunacy Chambers

Lunacy Chambers

I'll write some more comments later today/tomorrow.

[Last edited by Jacob at 07-13-2009 06:26 PM]
07-13-2009 at 06:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
Alright, remira tunnels 1s 1w. I left it like that because of the secret room 1S 2W, even if you were to open both doors at the same time (like in the secret room) you don't need to have less trapdoors. BUG is fixed. Lunacy chambers 3W: forgot the speed potion in the middle :fun I still have the original lunacy chamber.

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-13-2009 07:43 PM]
07-13-2009 at 06:44 PM
Chaosgamer

File: Empires power And Beethro comes along.demo (13.1 KB)
Downloaded 42 times.
License: Public Domain
Demos up to test
07-13-2009 at 07:43 PM
Jacob
I plan to write some more comments on the remainder of the hold, but already I see a few problems.

1) It appears that you've not taken on board all the advice given to you by CSR. For example, in the Test, the guy says he'll meet you to the West and there is no room to the West. In the Ascent you mention a speed potion factory, which is never again mentioned. There's also an unintended solution or two in the room with the clone and the 2 clone potions, and an unrequired fegundo in the snake room.

2) In level one, 1S1E - you can kill all the goblins without even crossing the first set of force arrows. The briar seems to do nothing - my suggestion was to make it set off a pressure plate. Currently it just grows then stops. I don't even think this room is possible, since dropping the red door blocks off the conquer token.

3) It's clear you've not re-tested your hold after changing it.
Even the demos you've posted don't work for several rooms in the new version.

4) Yes, you don't have to take out some of the trapdoors in 1S1W, it's just that it's currently very tedious to clear them all (especially if you have to do it more than once as I did when I was hunting for secrets).

Keep trying though, with a bit more work this could be a fun, solid hold.

07-13-2009 at 11:58 PM
Chaosgamer
I'm guessing you don't have the latest version.
The demos were from the newer version. If you didn't get it, here it is.

EDIT: I'll get to those other stuff later, first:

The goblin room was fixed
The brair sets off a plate in the newer version\
The persons speech was fixed
And so on.
Most the problems you mentioned was in the second-latest version.

EDIT 2: speed potion factory is in the next hold, same with the
terra vista.

EDIT 3: look down |
|
V

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-14-2009 01:42 AM]
07-14-2009 at 01:32 AM
Chaosgamer
Here is the newer version. 1st level 1s 1w. It was hard to made it so you didn't have to do the trap doors each time so I took away the red door but filled the main section with trapdoors.

1s 2w is a secret.

EDIT: will fix problems tomarrow

EDIT: whoops, forgot to attach. Anyways, look at the last post.

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-14-2009 01:30 PM]
07-14-2009 at 01:56 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
I stopped playing when I came across pits the same color as floor. I refuse to continue playing until this is altered. It is not fun, and is the type of thing that architects should have learned that players hate after experiencing KDD level 11. But this is much MUCH worse than (opaque) tar on trapdoors/walls.

Fix it.

Edit: If this is already fixed, let me know.

[Last edited by zex20913 at 07-14-2009 04:58 AM]
07-14-2009 at 04:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
Ok, I fixed it.

I never player KDD lv 11.
<--------------------

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-14-2009 01:28 PM]
07-14-2009 at 01:27 PM
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com