Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : _Color variable (works similarly to _MyColor)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
IP: Logged
icon _Color variable (+1)  
As DROD: RPG stands currently, all NPCs have a _MyColor default variable that, when modified in a prescribed fashion, changes the color of an enemy.

I propose that a similar default variable, called _Color, be included. When modified, this will change the player's color in a similar manner. Furthermore, this effect should probably remain persistent from room to room until changed again.

Including this kind of functionality would have many applications, from simply changing the color of the player to make him distinguishable, to indicating a status effect the player has, or much, much more, but I'm mostly just asking for this because at present it isn't in the game and I think it ought to be. :)

04-16-2009 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
IP: Logged
icon Re: _Color variable (+1)  
I agree. The behavior you have specified for this variable is consistent with all other player stat variables, so I don't know why you specified it, but ah well. This variable is missing, has as much use as _MyColor (which is to say: informational use), and should be included for Flawless Consistentness.

[Last edited by Sillyman at 04-16-2009 09:43 PM : Flawless Concistentness with all other usages of Flawless Consistancy]
04-16-2009 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : _Color variable (works similarly to _MyColor)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com