Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Quicksave bug? (possible bug with multiple versions of a hold and quicksave)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
IP: Logged
icon Quicksave bug? (0)  
I can't think of how this would be game-breaking but I did think it was somewhat odd.

I had been playing one of the earlier versions of Samuel's Confessions of a Broken Hearted Stalwart. In that version I had saved a quicksave in Trapped To Toil At Death: Once East. There is a goblin king character towards the east end of the room in the extended hallway.

Then I upgraded to the latest version (9?). The extended hallway and goblin king are not there when starting from scratch. But they ARE there if I restore to the quicksave.

I realize that this wouldn't be a problem with any finalized holds. And if I were to save over the quicksave, the goblin and hallway would be gone.

(small little itty-bitty bug)

"Until it ends, there is no end."
04-12-2009 at 07:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Quicksave bug? (0)  
So, in other words - save games could really need a reality check? :)

np: Herbert - Just Once (Scale)

04-12-2009 at 09:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: Quicksave bug? (+1)  
Well, it depends on what one defines as a "bug", but let's just say that this behaviour is intentional.

In RPG, save files work differently. Every time a new room in the game is encountered, that room is stored into the (quick)save. If you use the same save to continue playing after an update, it will use the room that has been saved.

In practice, this means that most save files become useless after a hold update, and it's better to restart the game.

My suggestion for you is to make some good Feature Requests.

[Last edited by Tim at 04-12-2009 10:08 AM]
04-12-2009 at 09:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Quicksave bug? (possible bug with multiple versions of a hold and quicksave)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com