Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Dreygo's Quest (A short-ish Level Set of Medium Difficuilty with an Intense Storyline)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
IP: Logged
icon Re: Dreygo's Quest (0)  
Uhh... I'm confused. Why a warp room? Why not just make the hold anyone edit? Also: is it okay to go and get the wooden sword by going into the warp room? Or should I just ignore the warp room, and play the hold without ever entering it?
03-16-2012 at 07:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Okay... So what can I say. It's kind of wierd. The key you have the least of is yellow keys. It's kind of linear. There are lots of trades that clearly isn't worth it, no matter how you look at it. Like paying a blue key and a yellow key for a green key. The hottiles in the third level 1W makes backtracking expensive from then on. And later on you come across some trapdoors making backtracking impossible. There are two goblin kings on the first level. I guess you could beat one of them with a hand-bomb, but why? There's not even a scorepoint for doing so. Why do you get scored in the last level for beating the first goblin king? Why not the second, final monster?

I guess it might be a bit interesting to optimize the hold, but it feels so unpredictable what is good. I like it when you know that a green key is more important than a yellow key, and so on. And other choises are compleatly obvious. Like getting swords and shields as quickly as you can.

Hum... My advise, if you feel you've become a better architect would actually be to start anew. This hold was started by a young boy, and you can kind of tell :)
03-16-2012 at 08:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
I understand and agree with you fully, but with my return to DROD I hastily wanted to get this back up and running, alive again. I later on didn't want to continue with it, for the reason you stated, but I didn't want to leave it and seem to much like the old me, no commitment to the hold and will stop at the first sign of trouble.

That being said, it is probably best if I do start anew. I won't delete this thread, but I now declare this Level Set abandoned.

I look forward to starting anew on another project, stay tuned for more! :)

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
03-17-2012 at 02:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Hmm, at the same time, even if it is linear that's not such a terrible thing. I've played a few DROD holds recently and keep thinking it would be nice to have something a bit er... easier. For a change.

I haven't played through this hold. It might be a good idea to abandon it and start fresh or it might be a good idea to just finish it off quickly and then start fresh with a new one. Just my thoughts.

I've tossed around the idea of making a hold for myself that isn't terribly hard and allows me to get tons of powerups relatively easily and become really powerful. That seems like fun to me to have at least one hold like that, even if not much of a challenge :)

03-17-2012 at 02:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Dreygo's Quest (A short-ish Level Set of Medium Difficuilty with an Intense Storyline)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com