Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Progres report (About my book)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
IP: Logged
icon Progres report (0)  
Quite recently I received a letter telling me that my book wouldn’t be published by the company I sent it to. The letter was however quite encouraging anyway. It said the main reason they didn’t want to publish me was that fantasy is a genre they didn’t know, and that they therefore would have a hard time marketing it. That they had given it a great deal of thought, and had let many peoples read the book. This feels as good as it gets when you get a letter saying you won’t get published.

Oh, and if any Swedish speaking person wants to give the book a try, I'd be happy to send it to you by e-mail.

03-22-2009 at 08:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5065
icon Re: Progres report (0)  
Aww, that's too bad, but their reason makes sense. I wish you better luck with the next publishing company you send it to.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-22-2009 at 12:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
icon Re: Progres report (+2)  
I did a quick search and came up with this publisher in Sweden. They publish Tad Williams and the Twilight series so I'm guessing fantasy is their thing. Since that first publisher was so encouraging, I wonder if they might be willing/able to provide you the name of someone at B. Wahlstroms who could be helpful, or at the very least, including a copy of the letter the first publisher sent you could get you more attention than a straight unsolicited manuscript would otherwise receive.
03-22-2009 at 02:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Yes. They do publish fantasy, but I don't know if they publish fantasy produced in Sweden. I'll have to check that up. Thanks :)
03-22-2009 at 06:08 PM
Svante
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 169
I hope it goes well with the next publisher. From the letter, it sounds like it will. I look forward to being able to read it!
03-23-2009 at 12:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
Good luck! :)

04-02-2009 at 01:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Progres report (About my book)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com