Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : LvL8 (again) (yes its me again with more lvl 8 questions)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
The_White
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon LvL8 (again) (0)  

I have taken out the guys at points 1&2 and am trying to make my way through points 3&4 to try and get at the final guy at point 5. Am I going about this **** of a room the right way?

[Edited by The_White on 04-21-2004 at 02:31 AM GMT]
04-21-2004 at 03:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
doink~
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
icon Re: LvL8 (again) (0)  
Do you mean the tar mother at the SE when you say 'final guy'?

Well, there are two ways to tackle this...

Click here to view the secret text

Keep trying, have patience, and you'll get it easily.

04-21-2004 at 04:28 AM
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
You're going about the room the same way I've always conquered it. Just persevere, and you'll get through. Also, remember that tar will not grow to a square in which Beethro is standing, and tar babies will not spawn on your sword.

04-21-2004 at 04:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MartianInvader
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 126
I'm not sure how you've numbered the points you're referring to. It might help if you clarify. I've found the easiest order to kill the tar mothers is upper-left, lower-right, lower-left.

05-18-2004 at 09:23 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
MartianInvader wrote:
I'm not sure how you've numbered the points you're referring to. It might help if you clarify. .

Look at the room image, the points are on it.

There are many different ways to solve this room - it's possible to get the tar mothers in any combination. The path displayed is probably the most commonly used one, and isn't too difficult (relatively speaking), but I agree with MartianInvader that 1, 5, 2 is easiest.

05-19-2004 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
If you take the recommended route, I'd also advise being a little patient when you reach the last mother. When you get to her, stand next to her and wait for her to grow, re-forming the tar in the room, before killing her. The reason why I'd advise this is because if you don't, you may find that the passage from which you entered may be impassable if you cut the tar in a certain way and it grew back.

As a side note, this happened to me in Webfoot DROD, which was excruciatingly frustrating for me when I realised what I'd done (no checkpoints back then, unfortunately).

05-19-2004 at 11:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
eytanz wrote:
MartianInvader wrote:
I'm not sure how you've numbered the points you're referring to. It might help if you clarify. .
Look at the room image, the points are on it.
Actually, they weren't there when MartianInvader made his comment. There was a bug that I fixed after seeing his comment. I should have said something, sorry for the confusion.

05-20-2004 at 03:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
MartianInvader
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 126
Ah good, after re-checking the image I was fairly sure that either they weren't there before or I was going crazy. And either way was possible... :lmao I was about to head off to check into the local asylum when I saw your post.

05-20-2004 at 07:19 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : LvL8 (again) (yes its me again with more lvl 8 questions)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com