Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Minor profile editing suggestions
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Minor profile editing suggestions (0)  
I just went in to change something in my profile, and a few items struck me as odd. Sorry if I'm being nitpicky, but here they are:

Next to "Subscribe to the DROD.net News mailing list" title is a checkbox with nothing beside it. It sort of looks a little out of place, maybe "Yes, please" could go next to it?

Below it, next to "Send copies of all posts to e-mail" is a stack of checkboxes. Could these be made to arrange themselves within the table cell, so it would look a little less rigid?

Finally, at the bottom is a pair of radio buttons that control "Save Username and Password?" Considering you can't change the username...?

Actually, on the Post New Topic page I'm on right now, there's a message next to "Email Notification" that says only registered users can select this. Since only registered users can post a topic, is this message necessary?

04-19-2004 at 05:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
IP: Logged
icon Re: Minor profile editing suggestions (0)  
DiMono wrote:
Next to "Subscribe to the DROD.net News mailing list" title is a checkbox with nothing beside it. It sort of looks a little out of place, maybe "Yes, please" could go next to it?
Hmmm... A checkbox means yes or no in and of itself. Do the four other checkboxes down below that are by themselves not bother you? Just this one?
Below it, next to "Send copies of all posts to e-mail" is a stack of checkboxes. Could these be made to arrange themselves within the table cell, so it would look a little less rigid?
I have no idea what you're talking about. Arrange themselves? Right now, they arrange themselves in one column.
Finally, at the bottom is a pair of radio buttons that control "Save Username and Password?" Considering you can't change the username...?
That actually means "Save your Username and Password in a Cookie so you don't have to type them in every time you visit the forum."
Actually, on the Post New Topic page I'm on right now, there's a message next to "Email Notification" that says only registered users can select this. Since only registered users can post a topic, is this message necessary?
Only registered users can post a topic because we set it that way. I'll leave this in there in case we ever change the settings or make a new board that's open for posting by guests.

04-19-2004 at 12:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Minor profile editing suggestions
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com