Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Automatic Architect (v2.0) (Half-way to Conway's Game of Life)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged

File: AutomaticArchitectV2_0.hold (160.4 KB)
Downloaded 77 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Automatic Architect (v2.0) (+2)  
Hey everyone!

If anyone remembers my original incarnation of the Automatic Architect, it was an Excel spreadsheet that apparently no-one else but I can use!

Because of this, I have attempted to port it to DROD:TCB; the result is attached to this post. It pushed the scripting engine to some abstract limits (especially on exactly when to use Wait functions) and isn't quite the Game of Life proper, but it does produce interesting results nonetheless.

I have put some basic instructions for use in the hold; I will post more detailed instructions here when I am less tired and if there is any interest in the project!

Ignore the rooms in 1N and 2N; these are rooms containing older ideas for implementing a full algorithm (which is theoretically possible, but I don't feel like it right now).

Enjoy!

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 03-02-2009 03:00 AM]
03-02-2009 at 02:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Automatic Architect (v2.0) (Half-way to Conway's Game of Life)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com