Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Hold Question About Exits (Why do most hold )
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Why do most hold
The authors completly forget to send it to architecture.
They send it to architecture, but architecture forgets.
It's a bug, and hopefully will be fixed in JTRH
OTHER (IF Chosen, please say why)
I don't know
Pressing Vote will vote for all of the questions. Make sure you have voted in each one!
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
dividendD
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 44
IP: Logged
icon Hold Question About Exits (0)  
PLEASE answer! I hope I figure this out. I'd been dying to know after all these "hold mess-ups. Since I don't know, I of course think that I won't answer. Maybe someone else knows. Hopefully a hold author comes here...

04-17-2004 at 09:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Drizzo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 179
icon Re: Hold Question About Exits (0)  
I assume you're asking about why exit stairs go back to the beginning, but somehow the poll didn't include your entire question

I recommend deleting the topic and starting over.

I THINK that the answer to that is that most of the time, it is a bug... something will reset where exiting stairs go, but not always, and people don't double check... or maybe they do, and double checking causes the stairs to reset.

Who knows?
If Lord Rimer did, I'm sure he'd have crushed it most horribly by now. Although with his gimungous skillz, I'm sure it will be fixed in the next patch.

04-17-2004 at 09:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Hold Question About Exits (0)  
It's a bug, and can be on either the author's end or the player's end. I have gone to my final exit stairs, confirmed that it went to End Hold, checked and make sure it worked, immediately exported it, and found that some people will get sent to the same level, and others will get the ending. Then I'll check it out myself again and it'll send me back to the same level. It's an odd bug and one that is really tough to trace. Personally, I think there are just minor corruptions that are occurring that are difficult to detect. I definitely hope that it will be fixed in 2.0.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-17-2004 at 10:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Hold Question About Exits (Why do most hold ) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com