Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Editor Ability (for architects...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
IP: Logged
icon Editor Ability (0)  
While making my hold, I find I often have to test things that involve blue doors, but usually all I want to have to beat before testing what's behind the door is a room or two rooms or just scripting. It would be heavenly if an editor option existed that allowed architects to select rooms to appear green when testing, to allow for more efficient level ...umm... testing. :)

01-20-2009 at 11:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
lopsidation
Rank Points: 176
icon Re: Editor Ability (0)  
Couldn't you just set all the rooms you don't want to test to unrequired or secret?

01-22-2009 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
lopsidation wrote:
Couldn't you just set all the rooms you don't want to test to unrequired or secret?

Far easier way is simply delete blue/green/other colour door that doesn't allow an architect to test some kind of room for a while.
01-22-2009 at 11:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
lopsidation
Rank Points: 176
That doesn't work if you're scripting something like
if (blue door is open){
speech Beethro = "Finally, I did it!"
}

01-22-2009 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: Editor Ability (+1)  
From my experience as a hold tester, I don't think the feature is useful to many architects.

It should not make hold testing much easier as at least 99% of hold testing should be tested for other things. I fear that adding an option like that will make architects think that they don't have to test other things.

I'd also say that holds that are dependent on any blue doors tricks are very prone to backtracking problems and is very time consuming for HAs to work with.

As for Tunnel Vision, a hold where many rooms change depending on blue doors, I made it easier for me to test by having only one required room that I can make it unrequired whenever I want.

In short, please don't add this feature.

01-23-2009 at 01:27 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Editor Ability (for architects...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com