Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Holy Fudge! (Concidering Recent Moderation)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
IP: Logged
icon Holy Fudge! (+1)  
Recently checking my rank points and mod points, it looks like someone has given me a total of 12 rank points over the past 5 minutes. Around 100% of them were for giving hints in the RPG H&S Board.

With this sudden overflow of points, I can mod people's insightful, informational, and entertaining posts again, allowing the spread of mod points to increase. Thanks whoever did this! :)

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
01-18-2009 at 02:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
icon Re: Holy Fudge! (+1)  
I like to call them mod shots. This is when you recieve a bunch of mod points across several different posts you made recently, all in a short amount of time.

This is presumably when an admin (or someone else with unlimited mod points) is checking recent topics for good unmodded posts. It keeps the mod points flowing, since the 2 for 1 price of modding means that mod points would inevitably run out otherwise.

I recieved several modpoints a few minutes ago as well, and I'm sure a lot of people who have actively posted recently has too.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 01-18-2009 03:00 AM]
01-18-2009 at 02:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: Holy Fudge! (0)  
Hmm... Consecutive mod shots? I just got another 6 points bumping it from 49 to 55.

EDIT: From the front lines, it has been reported that another shot has been executed. This time, 5 points, changing 55 to a nice, round 60! Keep up the good work! :D

EDIT2: It appears that another shot has occurred. If this keeps up, we'll have to start naming the consecutivity! (Like mod-ranges or if this keeps up for some time, even mod-cordilleras.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 01-18-2009 03:24 AM]
01-18-2009 at 03:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
icon Re: Holy Fudge! (0)  
It's still the same "mod shot" as I see it. I should've defined the shot as a "period of time during which an admin is actively looking for posts deserving mod points." The terminology I used implies that it's sudden and all at once, but it's really just that it usually occurs inbetween times that I check my points; it's a nice surprise after going to school, or eating dinner away from the computer, or having a Rock Band-out session with my sis.

Edit: 900th post! :yay

Wow, it's extra long this time. But it makes sense; usually, there's a small one each day (3-5 points for me on average). But over the last 10 days, there was only one. This is, in a way, catching up; I just got 26 points and counting.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 01-18-2009 04:33 AM]
01-18-2009 at 03:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Holy Fudge! (Concidering Recent Moderation)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com