Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : butterknife
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ellwilll
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged

File: butterknife.hold (5 KB)
Downloaded 71 times.
License: Public Domain
icon butterknife (-1)  
my masterpiece. it is awesome.
i have done thourough testing and there should be some puzzles to stump more advanced players
theres also a side story.
enjoy.
i worked for 2 days straight to make it.
i hope you enjoy

12-13-2008 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: butterknife (0)  
ellwilll wrote:
i hope you enjoy

Um, no.
12-13-2008 at 11:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
?...

This level wasn't very interesting - most of the rooms were composed of randomly-placed blocks of wall and swathes of monsters which were easy to clean up. In addition, 1W is (intentionally) unclearable, so the level can't be cleared. (But there's no blue door on the level either... making the horde-clearing pointless.)

Each room contains the same checkerboard floor and sparse decoration. In addition, since almost all the rooms are empty, the overall effect in the level map is to create sixteen "cells" making the map look aesthetically unpleasing.

There's a hole in the southern wall of 2N that doesn't lead to a corresponding hole in the northern wall of 1N, as 1N's northern wall is solid.

All three stairs (both in 1N and one in Entrance) end the hold.

This is the only level in the hold.

Overall, I'm not impressed - I ran through the hold in a few minutes, and saw a distinct lack of challenge in both horde-management skills and puzzles, despite your advertisements of being "stumped". I think this could use some more work, both in difficulty and in decoration.

(Don't take this as criticism of your architectural skills, just as of your hold and of the lack of time you put into it. Frankly, if you spent 2 days creating sixteen rooms of this type I think you're doing it wrong.)

(Maybe you should play some holds on the Holds board for inspiration for ways to make your hold higher quality, and see what other people like playing.)

12-14-2008 at 12:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
I suspect this is a joke.

I will quote the following (for truth):
Dischorran wrote:
Um. So. I note that, if this is abandoned, that makes three unfinished holds that you have going. Why not strip the copyrighted stuff, combine what's left with the other two holds, and make the collection into a single unified whole?
You might even get more beta testers if you promise to finish it!

12-14-2008 at 10:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : butterknife
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com