Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD Score 3 Segment (Which Version Do You Prefer?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Which Version Do You Prefer?
Version 1
Version 2
Neither - Too Unsuited To DROD
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon DROD Score 3 Segment (0)  
I'm about 75-80% on the way to finishing a piece of music for DROD.

Before I can continue, though, I want to find out about what you, the Forum, thinks about this partcular segment of it just so that I can see what to do with it, and get a picture about the possible reaction later to the whole.

The section in question is about 30 seconds long, but I have attached two versions to this thread. The difference is that Version 2 contains a noticeable high piccolo part over the rest of the instruments, while Version 1 does not.

What I would like you to do is listen to the pieces (they are in .ogg format, so you need an OGG decoder, like Winamp), and vote on which you like better - version 1 without the piccolo, or version 2 with it. If, however, you do not think that this sort of misic is suitable for DROD, then vote "Neither". Any other suggestions or feedback or criticism would also be appreciated.

The poll page will not let me attach a file, so I need to attach it to the post below.

04-08-2004 at 07:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5

File: DROD Score 3 Segment 1.zip (470.1 KB)
Downloaded 116 times.
License: Other
icon Re: DROD Score 3 Segment (0)  
The segments are attached to this post.

04-08-2004 at 07:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
icon Re: DROD Score 3 Segment (0)  
Eh?

Schik...

I've just looked at the number of downloads for the file, and it says it has been downloaded 34 times, although there have only been 10 views to this page as of now. Is this a bug?

04-08-2004 at 11:10 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
icon Re: DROD Score 3 Segment (+1)  
Version 2 is great! I think it would really go well as exposition music (as opposed to in-game music) for a grandiose scene.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-09-2004 at 01:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
icon Re: DROD Score 3 Segment (+1)  
I wonder how many listen to the music that comes with DROD, or, like myself, have both music and sound effects turned off and listen to music of their choice.

For what it's worth, I prefer the second version, but I would be unlikely to ever hear it in full.
04-09-2004 at 09:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD Score 3 Segment (Which Version Do You Prefer?) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com