Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia the Second (In a VR Internet game :P)
Page 1 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
IP: Logged
icon Mafia the Second (0)  
There is a very popular game in the Internet, which, by a completely meaningless coincidence, is called DROD. The sheer size of the game world will make the world's largest hard drives shiver, and the amount of players on at any given time (yes, even the low dips) will make most supercomputers rock in their boots. And the amount of content doesn't exactly help with the hard drive's and supercomputers' problem, but still, the game still manages to chug through smoothly, even on the peak player moments.
The game is essentially a real life simulator, and, unsurprisingly, it does very well in that respect. That's probably because geeks spend too much time on their computers to be inconvenienced with real life. Anyway, the admins decided that maybe they should have a little experiment on the players, so they nabbed 12 of them and put them in a very large room, which simulated a tiny village well. However, there are 3 people who know each other and are trying to kill everyone else, and the admins are trying to see just how well the other players can get rid of them, or if they can at all.
On a related note, when asked why the experiment is being run, they give a reply which basically translates to, "It's fun!"

It is now the Confirming period, even though I'm sure you're all here. Everyone send a PM to me with the title "Confirmation", and it doesn't have to have anything in it .These are the people who haven't yet been cleared:
None

Edit: NiroZ makes a last-minute entry! (In other words, I allowed him in slightly late.)

New rule: No post editing.

Living
Click here to view the secret text

Dead

[Last edited by Monkey at 12-14-2008 06:59 PM]
12-09-2008 at 12:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: Mafia the Second (0)  
Confirmed.
12-09-2008 at 12:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Monkey
Caught me before that edit. Oh well. You're cleared.

12-09-2008 at 12:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Ok, guys, please don't start without me! I'll be at school tommorow until 3:30PM GMT-5, so I will not be able to go on my CPU until then.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

12-09-2008 at 03:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Ok, ready to play. :)

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

12-09-2008 at 09:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Monkey
Come on, Someone Else! You're the last person! :excl

12-09-2008 at 11:57 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
I did send you a PM, but I'll post here anyways. I'm ready.

[Last edited by Someone Else at 12-09-2008 11:58 PM]
12-09-2008 at 11:58 PM
Monkey
When did you send it? I never got one. :?

12-10-2008 at 12:08 AM
Monkey
After the users were allowed to play again, they found themselves in a very large box, which seemed very much like a tiny village. Each player claimed their own house, and read the little slip inside that contained their new role. After a very nice day of sleep, they woke up to find Monkey, in a pool of blood with multiple bullet holes, which were rather large. There was a note attached to him, saying "This is only a warning. Surrender to the Mafia now."

It is now Day One.

Players
Chaco
Lamkin
Someone Else
Sillyman
TripleM
kie
Robobob3000
stigant
Dex Stewart
Jeff_Ray
slimm tom
That Plum guy
NiroZ
Monkey (killed night 1)

Vote Tally:
Zed: 6 (Dex Stewart, kie, stigant, slimm tom, TripleM, Robobob3000)
Robobob3000: 1 (Chaco)
TripleM: 2 (Sillyman, Zed)

[Last edited by Monkey at 12-11-2008 12:44 AM]
12-10-2008 at 12:12 AM
zwetschenwasser
Rank Points: 200
You're going down, this time Mafia! (For the record, I am an innocent townsperson, so don't kill me).

Vote: RoboBob3000

By the by, who is the sherriff?

[Last edited by zwetschenwasser at 12-10-2008 01:17 AM]
12-10-2008 at 12:24 AM
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
Why RoboBob? :huh
You must come up with 3,000 reasons.
(Wait...I better not do that, as zwetschenwasser just might post every one of 'em.) :P
12-10-2008 at 12:51 AM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Hold the phone. Before we start voting, we need to gleam some information about roles that are in play, since Monkey didn't give us any indication of what was out there.

Does anybody have any knowledge that is safe to share? It doesn't necessarily have to be of their own role.

Maybe we could all share an anonymous account and post our roles anonymously? This means you too, Mafia! It should make for a more interesting and less randomized game.

What about that Chuck Norris account that was recently created? Do one of us own that? Could the owner change that password to something generic and shareable so we can all post anonymously?

Also: Failure to capitalize my B is an infraction worthy of a lynching.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 12-10-2008 01:13 AM]
12-10-2008 at 01:09 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Maybe we could all share an anonymous account and post our roles anonymously? This means you too, Mafia! It should make for a more interesting and less randomized game.

That sounds neat to me. Unfortunately there's a lot of opportunity for the Mafia to either post in greater numbers than actually exist or otherwise muck up the list, and overall there's no good way to ensure one person posts one role.

Unfortunately we don't really even have anything to go on at all, given that Monkey the game master sacrificed himself instead of letting the Mafia kill someone.

Anyhow, since there are 12 people, 7 votes are needed to lynch someone. In the interests of lynching someone, I'm also going to

Vote: RoboBob3000

but I could be dissuaded if he or anyone else can come up with a better argument.

12-10-2008 at 02:10 AM
kie
Rank Points: 221
For the crimes of double-posting, role-claiming and editing a post, I

VOTE : Zwhatsisname

12-10-2008 at 02:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
The double-post was to separate my comments from the list of people playing, which Monkey should have posted to begin with....Please do not kill me, for I am innocent! :-O

12-10-2008 at 02:18 AM
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
I would just like to state that I definitely do not like zwetschenwasser simply trying to lynch someone right off the bat. I mean sure, we have as good as no information at all, but he could at least be patient until we figure something out (the most obvious example being the roles in this game). I would guess that Monkey forgot to post them. Say, for example, it turns out that there are two cops, as in the previous game. In that case, discussion before we lynch someone might actually be useful.

So VOTE:zwetschenwasser
BUT I'm *only* voting for him in case there's too many trigger happy people out there who want to get the first day over with quickly; now they have an alternative to RoboBob, an alternative who actually looks suspicious. I encourage people to not vote yet at all, until we're able to talk properly.
12-10-2008 at 02:19 AM
Dex Stewart
And let's include some sort of official rule against editing, shall we? I mean, I'm not angry with zwetschenwasser or RoboBob or anything, but I don't want it to happen when it actually matters and can cause major confusion.
12-10-2008 at 02:21 AM
Monkey
Added.

Also, aaannddd the fight begins! :D
Plus, no I did not forget to post the roles. Let's see how a closed-role game works! :)

[Last edited by Monkey at 12-10-2008 02:34 AM]
12-10-2008 at 02:32 AM
Monkey
Anyway, vote count:
Zed: 2 (Dex Stewart, kie)
Robobob3000: 2 (Zed, Chaco)

12-10-2008 at 02:36 AM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Well, as has been pointed out in this thread and the last game, the first round is pretty much random. So I'll vote for zwetschenwasser.

Vote: zwetschenwasser

12-10-2008 at 02:55 AM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Even if we don't make any leeway with determining what the roles are, we can do a lynch vote with some criteria focused on improving the game. At the very start, I like to vote for people who are either:

A) inactive, or
B) irrational

I will give the discussion some time to heat up before I cast any votes.

12-10-2008 at 03:00 AM
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
I'm kind of feeling a wee bit sorry for Ziwataneo, although he did jump the gun back there (a little lot).
:guns
12-10-2008 at 03:15 AM
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Even if we don't make any leeway with determining what the roles are, we can do a lynch vote with some criteria focused on improving the game. At the very start, I like to vote for people who are either:

A) inactive, or
B) irrational

I will give the discussion some time to heat up before I cast any votes.

Good point. So: Vote: TripleM. He seems lurkish.

12-10-2008 at 03:30 AM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
I agree with Robobob's assessment. Therefore, I will refrain from voting.
12-10-2008 at 04:20 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
I agree with not voting early. Usually the first night is random, but here we at least have to give people a chance to say anything interesting. Perhaps there are things in the role PMs which can be shared.

The fact that Z asked immediately who is the sheriff makes me think either he is a Mafia and wanting the Sheriff to mistakenly forget the game has new rules, or is a regular townsperson and forgot himself. I'd tend to favour the latter myself, but it could all be an act (or perhaps there are no special roles at all, and the only difference is that nobody knows anything).

I refrain from voting to give the voted a chance to talk.
12-10-2008 at 09:31 AM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1226
Zwetschenwasser seems suspicious, judging by the Sheriff question.

Vote: Zwetschenwasser
12-10-2008 at 12:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
TripleM wrote:
I'd tend to favour the latter myself, but it could all be an act (or perhaps there are no special roles at all, and the only difference is that nobody knows anything).

Well, I can certify that either this game is a sort of Inadvertent Mountainous (a set of roles that makes everybody think they're special when they really aren't because their roles do nothing without the presence of other roles), or there are indeed power roles. But yes, give teh Zed a chance to Zedify.

12-10-2008 at 08:05 PM
Monkey
OOG:
Sillyman wrote:
Zedify
This is my new favorite word.

12-10-2008 at 09:24 PM
zwetschenwasser
There are new rules? What new rules? :~(

12-10-2008 at 11:20 PM
Dex Stewart
New rules? I don't think any valid claim about this game qualifies as a new rule, with the possible exception of the fact that we don't know the roles existent.
12-10-2008 at 11:26 PM
Page 1 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia the Second (In a VR Internet game :P)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com