Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Multiple selections in Wait for item at (Another scripting request)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon Multiple selections in Wait for item at (+1)  
It is documentated, but easy to miss: Did you know that the entity list box in Wait for/while entity is multichoice?

Not something I personally ever needed, but nice to know.

Unfortunately, nothing else is multichoice. I think Wait for item especially needs the option to select more than one. Now that we can easily script equipment that creates stuff like Force Arrows, situations where we need to detect all variations of an object are commonplace. We should be able to test for them in one command.

Edit: It has occured to me that Wait for Entity might use flags; perhaps the reason Wait for Entity can have a multiselect box is because it has few enough choices to reasonably allow a bit (or a digit, if that's what ScriptF is for) to be passed for each.
So maybe we can't have a multichoice list box of items. I could settle simply for the inclusion of predefined group choices such as Arrow (Any), Bridge (any), and Valid Stalwart Move. There might be times when we want a horizontal Tunnel or an NW/N/NE arrow, but you can't deny that just simply having these (Any) groups is a massive improvement.
Heh, maybe we could make our own custom groups to add to the list (nudge nudge, wink wink, pushing my luck, pushing my luck)...

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 12-06-2008 10:47 PM]
12-02-2008 at 01:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Multiple selections in Wait for item at (Another scripting request)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com