Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia! (It's started...)
Page 3 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 221
IP: Logged
icon Re: Mafia! (0)  
Why is z's corpse talking?

VOTE: THE STEW BOY

12-05-2008 at 01:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Monkey
Rank Points: 190
Okay, two more votes, and The Stew Bow is hung! :D

12-05-2008 at 01:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Sllyman, will we ever get to know publicly which player the Doctor chose to protect?
At the end of the game. Or if he decides to tell you. Or if the mafia go mad and say who they failed to kill.

Someone Else wrote:
Just so you know, you can't vote not to kill anyone. Besides, we'll never get any of the Mafia that way.
Actually, you can vote No Lynch. Whoops.

kie wrote:
Why is z's corpse talking?
Yeah, what he said. One post and one post only. And it has to be no later than the end of the phase after they died, preferably as soon as possible. Yes, last gasps can be made at night.

Vote count:
The Stew Boy: 4 (RoboBob3000, TripleM, Monkey, kie)

[Last edited by Sillyman at 12-05-2008 01:49 AM]
12-05-2008 at 01:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Monkey
zwetschenwasser wrote:
If you had truly inspected him, then you would have said that there was a 0% chance of Lamkin's guilt. Slip of the tongue? I think not...
Godfather... -_-

12-05-2008 at 02:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
12-05-2008 at 02:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Monkey
Come on, just one more!
Who wants to be an actor? :P

12-05-2008 at 02:20 AM
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
12-05-2008 at 05:26 AM
Sillyman
Well would you look at that... you killed an innocent townsperson.

It is night. Deadline... is in negative 801 weeks, 1 day. A reminder: No talking, except for The Stew Boy's last gasp.

A player list:
Chaco
Monkey
Stigant
RoboBob3000
NiroZ
Zed-man (Townsperson, brutally murdered night 1)
Lamkin
Dex Stewart
kie
The Stew Boy (Townsperson, actually lynched day 1)
Someone Else
TripleM (Alive and well and may or may not be a townsperson)

[Last edited by Sillyman at 12-05-2008 07:43 PM : Alright robobob, whatever you say.]
12-05-2008 at 05:57 AM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: Mafia! (+1)  
*doesn't talk, just points at the mistake in Sillyman's post*

12-05-2008 at 07:01 AM
Sillyman
All three PMs are in, and I have replied to the Sheriff and Deputy which means... It is day!

Unfortunately, you find kie dead. Bad luck there, doctor. She was killed by three gunshot wounds: two to the head and one to the leg. Blood is splattered all over the floor and the body lies near an overturned chair, by a desk. The desk seems to have been ransacked and gone through, lacking anything which may have been in use by the owner. (again, per mafia request)

Kie was the Deputy! He gets a last gasp, per procedure. The Stew Boy's last gasp has expired.

A player list:
Chaco
Monkey
Stigant
RoboBob3000
NiroZ
Zed-man (Townsperson, brutally murdered night 1)
Lamkin
Dex Stewart
kie (Deputy, ran outta luck night 2)
The Stew Boy (Townsperson, actually lynched day 1)
Someone Else
TripleM

[Last edited by Sillyman at 12-05-2008 10:15 PM]
12-05-2008 at 09:18 PM
Monkey
Oh... shit. :(
Anyway, TripleM is a mafia! LYNCH HIM! LYNCH HIM!
VOTE: TripleM

12-05-2008 at 09:22 PM
Sillyman
By the way, 9 players means 5 votes to lynch.

Vote count:
TripleM: 1 (Monkey)

12-05-2008 at 09:29 PM
Monkey
EBWOP
sorry there, but I had to gain the trust. I know who the doctor is now, and I'm not telling! :P

12-05-2008 at 09:30 PM
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
Yeah, so,

VOTE: TripleM
12-05-2008 at 09:46 PM
RoboBob3000
Vote: TripleM

12-05-2008 at 10:00 PM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Woah, hang on, you can't just go and vote randomly at this stage in the game. First of all we need to see if the Cops found anything useful.

Other than that, based on how active people are in this game, I'm going to vote for Dex Stewart, for jumping in suddenly.

Vote: Dex Stewart
12-05-2008 at 10:04 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
I'd like to helpfully point out that kie is a she, not a he, as I can testify by bringing up her birthday thread which contains some evidence. (I know it's common practice on these Internets to assume male until proven female, so, well, I've proven female. :) )

Anyhow...

For Monkey: I don't really care either way about your vote for TripleM. I'm inclined to think you're correct about him being a Mafia person, as we'll see here, but I'm not going to vote quite yet, because personally I think there should be a bit more discussion before we choose who we're going to lynch tonight.

I'll start with my conclusions about what just happened. kie is dead for two reasons: The first being that Monkey posted that he was the Sheriff and that kie was the Deputy, and the second being that the Mafia trusted Monkey. As we all know now, kie actually was the Deputy. This means one of two things, as far as I can tell:

a: Monkey actually is the Sheriff
b: Monkey claimed to be the Sheriff and was really lucky who he claimed to be the Deputy.

Of these two possibilities, I consider a to be more likely, leading me to believe his claim about TripleM's status. Since the Sheriff is still able to conduct investigations and reveal who he thinks to be Mafia or innocent, and because we pretty much can trust what Monkey says (unless b is true), the Mafia obviously will now consider Monkey to be a greater threat than the still-anonymous Doctor, as he could reveal the other Mafia goon at some point as a person to be lynched, thus decreasing the Mafia's influence over the vote by one person. Therefore, I'd like to suggest out in the open that if the Doctor wants to protect the Sheriff (depending upon his interests and thoughts) he ought to protect Monkey, as he seems to be the likeliest candidate for actually being the Sheriff.

(By the way, Monkey, if you're a Townie and neither a Mafia, Sheriff, or Townie who enjoys manipulating people a bit too much, and b is true, then now might be a good time to own up, for the greater good.)

Anyhow, I'm at least reasonably convinced that TripleM is a mafia member and will probably vote for him, but I'd like to see where the chips fall first, and what everyone else's opinions are. I don't much like going first because going first tends to put a target on one's back, but someone has to do it. ;)

I'm hoping the reader will forgive me; I acknowledge this is a long post.

12-05-2008 at 10:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
TripleM wrote:
Woah, hang on, you can't just go and vote randomly at this stage in the game. First of all we need to see if the Cops found anything useful.

Other than that, based on how active people are in this game, I'm going to vote for Dex Stewart, for jumping in suddenly.

Well, we did find out. Monkey is "the Cops" and he found out that you're a bad guy.
12-05-2008 at 10:08 PM
Monkey
At the small text:
Hey, the post kept me interested long enough. :P

12-05-2008 at 10:08 PM
Monkey
EBWOP (you're gonna see that a lot <_<)
Also, TripleM, own up. You're caught!

12-05-2008 at 10:10 PM
Sillyman
What does EBWOP mean?

Vote count:
TripleM: 3 (Monkey, Dex Stewart, Robobob3000)
Dex Stewart: 1 (TripleM)

12-05-2008 at 10:17 PM
Monkey
Edit By Way Of Post

12-05-2008 at 10:19 PM
Monkey
Oh, I could've sworn that someone posted here... :P

12-05-2008 at 10:50 PM
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
I posted, but then I realised that my last gasp had expired, which is unfair because I didn't get a chance to check this recently :(
12-05-2008 at 10:52 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
The Stew Boy wrote:
I posted, but then I realised that my last gasp had expired, which is unfair because I didn't get a chance to check this recently :(

That does tend to be how the first person dies. Sorry. :(

I'm actually kind of interested in seeing how this argument between TripleM and Dex Stewart's faction is going to play out now, but unless TripleM can get to do some good convincing I think he's sunk. (Also watch out - it's not an unheard-of strategy for the Mafia to support the ousting of a discovered Mafia goon in order to get on the Townies' side for helping to lynch a Mafia person, so we may be going over these voting records in later days.)

[Last edited by Chaco at 12-05-2008 11:06 PM]
12-05-2008 at 11:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lamkin
I'll vote to lynch Dex because it's fairly clear to me that the esteemed Sillyman made an error and reported the actual identity of TripleM (as a townsman, if you'll recall).

[Last edited by Lamkin at 12-05-2008 11:37 PM : grammar]
12-05-2008 at 11:33 PM
Lamkin
Sillyman wrote:
Kie was the Deputy! She gets a last gasp, per procedure.

I'm fairly sure of this... :)
12-05-2008 at 11:36 PM
Dex Stewart
Chaco wrote:
The Stew Boy wrote:

That does tend to be how the first person dies. Sorry. :(

I'm actually kind of interested in seeing how this argument between TripleM and Dex Stewart's faction is going to play out now, but unless TripleM can get to do some good convincing I think he's sunk. (Also watch out - it's not an unheard-of strategy for the Mafia to support the ousting of a discovered Mafia goon in order to get on the Townies' side for helping to lynch a Mafia person, so we may be going over these voting records in later days.)

May I then suggest that the detective inspects me this night?
12-05-2008 at 11:40 PM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Dex Stewart wrote:
Well, we did find out. Monkey is "the Cops" and he found out that you're a bad guy.

Oops, for some reason I keep mixing up Monkey and Lamkin.

So, to be honest, I'm rather lost at the moment. I was convinced Monkey was telling the truth about being the Sheriff, but now he says he's discovered I'm Mafia, which I'm not, so I'm not really sure how I can defend myself.

It is a bit unfortunate for the game that Sillyman did indeed make a mistake revealing my identity, but what has happened has happened, so that leaves the question, what is really going on here?

a) Monkey is really the Sheriff, but is giving wrong information. This would be pointless, as I would be revealed to be a Townsperson; Monkey would then be next to be lynched, and I can't really see the point of that. Unless he made a mistake.

b) Monkey is a Mafia and made a lucky guess. I really can't see this being possible, but I really can't think of an alternate possibility.
12-05-2008 at 11:51 PM
RoboBob3000
Lamkin wrote:
I'll vote to lynch Dex because it's fairly clear to me that the esteemed Sillyman made an error and reported the actual identity of TripleM (as a townsman, if you'll recall).

Monkey inspected TripleM. He found that TripleM was Mafia.

If we lynch TripleM and then it turns out that this wasn't true, then we lynch Monkey next round.

Lynching Dex does nothing to gain information for the townspeople. We have info to work with - we need to confirm whether it is reliable or not.

12-05-2008 at 11:52 PM
Page 3 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia! (It's started...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com