Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Character killing zone (Level entrance)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1300
IP: Logged
icon Character killing zone (0)  
You have moving characters and they end on where you have a level entrance. They are killed when you go to the entrance from a set of stairs.
11-08-2008 at 10:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Character killing zone (0)  
Uh... so what's the bug here? Would you rather have Tendry die?

np: Rhythm & Sound with Tikiman - Ruff Way (Showcase)

11-08-2008 at 11:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
Well, you can't enter a room when there's a monster in the square that you're trying to enter to. So it doesn't really make sense that you can enter a level that has a monster over the level entrance. I can't think of a reasonable fix, but it seems inconsistent that you can just kill a monster like that.

[Last edited by Someone Else at 11-08-2008 11:24 PM]
11-08-2008 at 11:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
When a monster blocks a room (e.g. a misplaced Mimic) there is usually another way into the room. There are a few examples on that in Tendry's Tale. However there usually aren't multiple sets of stairs leading into the same room. Thus a blocked stair will screw up your game more likely than a blocked room entrance. Furthermore this problem shouldn't be all to frequent and I guess a force arrow or a different shaped stair will fix your problem.
11-09-2008 at 11:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Someone Else wrote
You have moving characters and they end on where you have a level entrance. They are killed when you go to the entrance from a set of stairs.
This is the intended behavior. I concur that there is a caveat of how to design areas around level entrances. I don't think causing exits or scripts to stop working if a character is on the destination entrance tile would go over well, so I don't plan to change this.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-09-2008 at 08:41 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Character killing zone (Level entrance)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com