Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Multiplayer Battleships (Running my first contest!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
brian_s
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 587
IP: Logged
icon Multiplayer Battleships (0)  
I am looking for 6-8 people to play a game of battleships. This game will be played a little differently than the two player classic.

First of all everyone will have their ships on the same grid, which will be 16x16. The rows of the board will be the letters A-P, with A at the top and the columns will be numbered 1-16 starting from the left. Each player will have two ships, each one 3 squares long.

At the start of each round I will put up a grid showing which squares have been hits, misses, or not called yet. I will also post whose ships have sunk.

Then each player will have a timeframe to submit their shots for the round. In the first round each player will have two shots and as the game progresses more shots will be given to surviving players. If both of a player's ships are sunk, that player is out of the game. If a player misses the deadline, I will use a random number generator to choose the shots.

If you want to play, send me a PM with five choices of ship locations. Ships must be placed horizontally or vertically. For example: A1,A2,A3; B4,C4,D4 When round 1 begins I will PM each player with the two locations of their ships.
11-04-2008 at 04:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: Multiplayer Battleships (0)  
A fishbowl.
11-04-2008 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
brian_s
Nuntar wrote:
What does the winner get?

I have some mod points stockpiled and I was thinking of 8 points for first, 4 for second, 2 for third.
11-05-2008 at 03:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
I sent off my PM...come-on everyone join the fun!!! :thumbsup

Oh yeah when are we looking to start, so I make sure to check in.

[Last edited by techant at 11-06-2008 02:30 AM]
11-06-2008 at 02:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
brian_s
techant wrote:
I sent off my PM...come-on everyone join the fun!!! :thumbsup

Oh yeah when are we looking to start, so I make sure to check in.

We'll start as soon as I get six players. So far only two have signed up. There is plenty of room for more. I will PM everybody at the start of the first round.
11-06-2008 at 03:36 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Multiplayer Battleships (Running my first contest!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com