Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Rising from beneath (First try at a serious hold, still big WIP)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
IP: Logged

File: Rising from beneath.drh (17.4 KB)
Downloaded 144 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Rising from beneath (+2)  
Scores
Click here to view the secret text

Hope you enjoy :D

Additional Notes :
The story, the speech and the descriptions are BIG wips. I still need a name and to fix some spelling errors.

[Last edited by vittro at 11-11-2008 05:00 PM]
10-24-2008 at 02:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
icon Re: Rising from beneath (0)  
You said you still neededto fix some spelling errors... I don't know wether I'm welcome or not, but I checked all text I could find for you.

10-24-2008 at 03:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
I exited the third level with a score of 724. Overall: quite nice hold. Although I did like your other project as well. That one seemed of to a good start.
10-24-2008 at 04:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
Thanks but I'm trying to use less scripted monsters possible in this one. It will be divided in 2 parts, like Tendry's Tale, so I can start using roaches again. I'll upload a new version with spelling fixes and new levels soon.

10-24-2008 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
Wow! A very good hold so far! Have just started playing. First level completed:

A hold could use some autosaves though.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 10-24-2008 05:26 PM]
10-24-2008 at 05:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
icon Re: Rising from beneath (+1)  
New version! Added many new levels, and new shrines. Changed the protagonist's name to Redshir and added AUTOSAVES and Score Checkpoints. Thank you (in advance) for playing.

You can download the updated version from first post.

10-25-2008 at 11:52 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
Underground Waterfalls:

Shrine of protection:

10-26-2008 at 12:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
I compleated the last shrine with a score of 1298.
10-26-2008 at 10:17 AM
vittro
New version! Many, many tweaks and a new level. No new Shrine yet, but it will be in the next version.

10-26-2008 at 09:52 PM
Blondbeard
Are you using a Beta patch, because that means I can't test it.
10-27-2008 at 07:45 AM
vittro
Blondbeard wrote:
Are you using a Beta patch, because that means I can't test it.

Well, you should get the patch here. http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=27129&page=0#265757

10-27-2008 at 02:50 PM
Blondbeard
Not until it's oficially declared stable. It was quite messy when my TCB crashed, and I don't want to take any risks. The new patch will probably be out soon anyway.
10-27-2008 at 03:07 PM
deftriver
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
I don't get this. How is everyone beyond the first room. I've tried several approaches and can not get it.

EDIT: Got it and through the level. Now just to figure out the next one. I really like it. But I didn't save the first time I beat the first room and I could remember how to do it. I do miss the demos from the old versions of DROD.

[Last edited by deftriver at 10-28-2008 02:48 AM]
10-28-2008 at 12:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vittro
Thanks. New version should be coming soon

10-28-2008 at 12:46 PM
Obob
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
I really enjoyed this hold. I particularly like how the levels are small with high monster densities, which means that they take a while to play, while it is relatively easy to see the whole level to make decisions about what order to do things in.
10-28-2008 at 02:37 PM
vittro
Do you think it's worth submitting to the HAs after it's done?

10-28-2008 at 04:14 PM
deftriver
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
vittro wrote:
Do you think it's worth submitting to the HAs after it's done?

I think so. This is a really great hold. It's well designed and it takes planning.
10-29-2008 at 01:36 AM
Blondbeard
I think you have to wait for the new patch anyway. I don't think they'll accept a hold using a patch that is still beta. And yes, why not? People will want RPG holds, and this is one :)
10-29-2008 at 07:16 AM
Blondbeard
It's a very nice and challanging last level! Well done! Oh, and I didn't find the passage in the tar untill I had already gone around the other way. Perhaps that might be made the only way? It gets more challanging that way.

Edit: Yep. It's very much easier if you use the passage beneth the tarto obtain the gems before taking on the swordsmen. 1744 points when I go down the stairs.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 10-31-2008 02:17 PM]
10-31-2008 at 09:51 AM
vittro
New version in first post. I don't plan to add any new level. Please tell me all the minor tweaks (or major bugs) I have to do/fix.

11-11-2008 at 05:01 PM
Blondbeard
Well... The hold seems about right difficulty, if you, like me, misses all the secrets and Have to go and get the ultra expensive green key. I'll try to be a bit smarter on my next playthrough. And it might be nice to warn players that it's a good idea to preserve green keys when possible, since you'll need them later on. And there's a backtracking issue from the mercenary hideout. You can't return to previous levels, and then go back again. This you can never beat the Wubba.

Edit: That has been fixed in the latest version, but! I don't think you realize that you have to beat the adder more than ten times in order to get the sword. If you take every attack gem there is you will still lose som 200 000 lives, and you can't afford that. At least let me try to beat the adders head! And I think that will be impossible as well. Every hit costs me 22000 lives.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 11-12-2008 11:21 AM]
11-12-2008 at 08:17 AM
vittro
Blondbeard wrote:
Well... The hold seems about right difficulty, if you, like me, misses all the secrets and Have to go and get the ultra expensive green key. I'll try to be a bit smarter on my next playthrough. And it might be nice to warn players that it's a good idea to preserve green keys when possible, since you'll need them later on. And there's a backtracking issue from the mercenary hideout. You can't return to previous levels, and then go back again. This you can never beat the Wubba.

Edit: That has been fixed in the latest version, but! I don't think you realize that you have to beat the adder more than ten times in order to get the sword. If you take every attack gem there is you will still lose som 200 000 lives, and you can't afford that. At least let me try to beat the adders head! And I think that will be impossible as well. Every hit costs me 22000 lives.

Wubba will be removed, it was planned if I made more levels.
Adder is too strong, you're right, I'll try to use something else with a brain.

11-12-2008 at 01:00 PM
Blondbeard
You have to replay it to get the blue keys you need, Nuntar. Save one green key for the level where you use three blue keys to get a green one. That one is an excelent example of Chaco's rule. You don't need the blue keys, but you get rewarded if you can manage to bring them.

By the way: I hope an update is on it's way. Feel free to take your time, though ;)

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 12-01-2008 03:09 PM]
12-01-2008 at 03:08 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Rising from beneath (First try at a serious hold, still big WIP)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com