Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : No custom monster colours when trying to watch the room by clicking it on minimap
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
IP: Logged
icon No custom monster colours when trying to watch the room by clicking it on minimap (0)  
Well, I don't know. This can be a feauture, but looks like a minor bug. So, I have a lot of custom monsters with custom colours in my hold. I've placed a world map and script which reveals all rooms(fully, so when you click the room you can see monsters etc.). When I click on the room through the minimap just to test if the script is allright, I see that custom colours aren't working.

So, is it a bug or a feauture request? -_-
10-22-2008 at 06:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: No custom monster colours when trying to watch the room by clicking it on minimap (0)  
mxvladi wrote:
Well, I don't know. This can be a feauture, but looks like a minor bug. So, I have a lot of custom monsters with custom colours in my hold. I've placed a world map and script which reveals all rooms(fully, so when you click the room you can see monsters etc.). When I click on the room through the minimap just to test if the script is allright, I see that custom colours aren't working.

So, is it a bug or a feauture request? -_-
This is not a bug. Since custom colors are enabled via script command, getting this to work would require executing scripts in the rooms being revealed. I thought about allowing script commands to run in remote rooms when fully revealing a map room, in order to get things set up in that room if needed, but then it would be very easy for an architect to shoot themself in the foot -- all kinds of side-effects could occur from scripts running in the revealed rooms. Things that you wouldn't expect to happen until the player actually entered those rooms.

Getting NPC colors set up properly on a full map reveal is a useful feature, but I don't think our scripting system would support it well. I don't want to put in a hack that only lets "Set Var _MyColor" commands execute when rooms are revealed.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-24-2008 09:46 PM]
10-24-2008 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: No custom monster colours when trying to watch the room by clicking it on minimap (+1)  
Nuntar wrote:
Custom colours also don't display when holding down Alt in the editor to see characters as they appear in the game. This really ought to be fixed if possible, as it would be a great help to architects who use lots of custom monsters but could not have any adverse effects on gameplay.
Same problem as above:
Getting NPC colors set up properly on a full map reveal is a useful feature, but I don't think our scripting system would support it well. I don't want to put in a hack that only lets "Set Var _MyColor" commands execute when rooms are revealed.
Depending on the game state a character can take on any color due to scripting, so you just can't show it on hitting ALT in the editor since it could be anything...

np: Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart (Narrow Stairs)

11-24-2008 at 01:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : No custom monster colours when trying to watch the room by clicking it on minimap
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com