Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Briar Spiders?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
IP: Logged
icon Briar Spiders? (0)  
These look like Spiders but they arent invisible !

These monsters can move on Briars but they cant move to floor(or should they?)

They can move only in briars that isnt red colored!

I havent got any ideas to DROD for long time (and its better that I wont post any topics here!)
10-20-2008 at 05:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
IP: Logged
icon Re: Briar Spiders? (0)  
Sounds interesting. They would probably work better if you let them live on red briar, since things could get hairy if you couldn't get to the stupid things. :) Also, I think that this element could be introduced at the same time as a briar fegundo:

The briar fegundo is a strange creature genetically modified from traditional fegundos by the empire. The creature has a mind of its own and usually lives on briar. If alive on expanding briars, the creature beelines itself to the briar root(s) and explodes itself on it. The monster then explodes radiating its explosions to an orthogonally adjacent briar tile, exploding east, west, north or south depending on which direction would bring the creature closer to the player. When it can no longer destroy any more adjacent briar it flies across the room (killing monsters in the way) to any other briar, where it again proceeds to explode all briar. If the briar is in an adjacent direction that the fegundo cannot move on without moving away from the player, the creature will move on any possible briar square and continue from there. The creature has the same blast radius as a normal fegundo, and can be killed by the player.

I can see a problem with Architest's request: if there is only a briar root in the room with no adjacent briar, then the architect wouldn't be able to place the briar spiders on any briar without character scripting. This might not be a big issue, but still...
I like the idea. :D

[Last edited by zwetschenwasser at 10-20-2008 07:21 PM]
10-20-2008 at 07:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Briar Spiders?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com