Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Airblast - Physics puzzle game (Made by Toxic Milk (team im part of) - Editor and sharing site for your puzzles!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
IP: Logged
icon Airblast - Physics puzzle game (+2)  
http://www.namelezz.net/airblast/

Airblast - Version 62
Airblast is a fun and addictive physics puzzle game. There are 2 ways to play Airblast, the fun way (fun levels without limits) and the REAL puzzle way (limits and powerups).

Airblast's concept is really simple, charge your airblast by keeping Left-Click pressed, and release it to shoot the ball in the opposite direction. You have to get all collectables and get to the end point in order to win a level.

Sounds easy, but the ball, as a physics object, is hard to control on slopes and different surfaces.

There are several (powerups/powerdowns) to make your journey harder :
Gravity Swap = Inverts the gravity (up/down)
Sudden Stop = Removes all the horizontal velocity from the ball
+1 Blast = Gives you an extra blast (useful in fun and puzzle levels)

"This sounds fun, but how many levels are there?" The reply is the same as DROD, infinite. I've spent lots of time to make an awesome editor with save/loading and all the elements. Currently it's still a WIP but you can use it totally.
1,2,3,4 = Spawns platforms
5 = Spawns rotating platform
6,7,8,9 = Powerups and collectable

I've already spoken with Mr.Imer, if the game goes well he can create a custom forum for us to place levels and level packs.

The game is still a big WIP but right now it's certainly playable. You can download it on the main blog/website.

The to-do list isn't big, eventually we'll get everything sorted :
* More elements
* Online scores
* Fix all the bugs

There are some known bugs, runtime bugs that I can't fix mostly. The game, in fact, runs on Construct's runtime (that is constantly updated) so with every update the game should run better.

Other features are a customizable setup .ini file to disable Pixel Shader effects and to change colours of the level.

I hope you have fun playing this game and creating levels. Remember to share them on the site.
The best level included in the version 62 is "veryhard1.ini".

Thanks for reading
-vittro (coder of Toxic Milk)

Here's a video :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvIeI9z_wiE (played badly but you get the point)

[Last edited by vittro at 10-01-2008 09:48 PM]
10-01-2008 at 09:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: Airblast - Physics puzzle game (0)  
Aw man, theres almost one version of the game for every mb I have to download for directx as I've only got 9.0c :( I might get around to updating that at some point, but until then, I'll content myself with laughing at how terrible the person in that video was ;)
10-02-2008 at 04:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1305
If you blast and then press "R", it stays red for a while, but if you wait and then press "R", it starts as white.
10-02-2008 at 04:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
TripleM wrote:
Aw man, theres almost one version of the game for every mb I have to download for directx as I've only got 9.0c :( I might get around to updating that at some point, but until then, I'll content myself with laughing at how terrible the person in that video was ;)
If you're talking about downloading the latest DirectX redist - have you tried using the DirectX web setup?

That only downloads the changed parts you need, and will show the amount to download before it actually does it... (here at work it was 8 MB...)

[Last edited by Briareos at 10-02-2008 09:39 AM]
10-02-2008 at 09:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
Someone Else wrote:
If you blast and then press "R", it stays red for a while, but if you wait and then press "R", it starts as white.

The crosshair, you mean? I'll try to fix it for next version.

10-02-2008 at 12:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Airblast - Physics puzzle game (Made by Toxic Milk (team im part of) - Editor and sharing site for your puzzles!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com