Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Problem with editor...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
underscorpion
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon Problem with editor... (0)  
Hi.
Is it a bug - I don't really know, but I decided to write it.
In previous DRODs you could play new game in your own hold, solve several levels and edit the room in which you are. Then, you could continue from the place you were before editing hold and you could see all the changes. But, in RPG, you can't edit rooms, where you were. For example, you were in Second Level: Twice North, Once West, you hit the ESC button, edited this room and come back to play. But you don't see any changes :( You have to start new game :?
PS I don't know how it works with objects, but it works with characters, health potions, power and shield gems.
Can you fix it? Is it possible?

-=Sorry for my English :P=-

[Last edited by underscorpion at 10-01-2008 04:53 PM]
10-01-2008 at 04:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Problem with editor... (+1)  
I think due to "permanency" rule it is pretty impossible (unless you use a save before visiting this room). What I mean by permanency rule is that everything is permanent - killed monster don't reapper on reenter, built objects stay where they were built, generated entities stay were they were generated, collected items are collected forever, opened doors stay open and vice versa, and so on and so on. So that every time you save a game, in the save the state of EVERY visited level is kept in order to make the Permanency rule work.
I think it is impossible to make.

Though for final verdict you ought to wait for someone more competent to reply.

10-01-2008 at 05:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Problem with editor... (+1)  
...another way of saying, "that's because in DROD, rooms are the basic units of play. In DROD RPG, entire holds are the basic unit of play."

10-01-2008 at 08:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
icon Re: Problem with editor... (0)  
skell wrote:
I think due to "permanency" rule it is pretty impossible (unless you use a save before visiting this room).
Yes, this is the intended behavior. It's possible this may change once full playthrough verification support has been added to saved games, but we may find out it's still not feasible.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-04-2008 at 01:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Problem with editor...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com