Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Crashing DROD and Build/Gen.Entity quirks (With attached hold.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged

File: BugCheck.drh (4 KB)
Downloaded 51 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Crashing DROD and Build/Gen.Entity quirks (+3)  
So, while writing *Shameless advertising* Architectopedia I have managed to Crash the DROD number of times. In concern that Newbie architects or a bit thoughtless people can exploit it, I was wondering if it would be possible to render them Non-crashable. The ways to Crash DROD I managed to discover:

Use Build function with _MyScriptF set to these values:
52,53 and 92-131

Use Generate Entity with _MyScriptH set to these values:
2, 13-14

Sometimes, the crash doesn't occur immediately. It can crash upon retesting or leaving editor. Sometimes it seems to not crash anyway.

EDIT:
Because mrimer requested, I have build a simple hold which exposes How to Crash DROD, and few other quirks. Everything is explained inside it. I suggest that you should be careful with it :).

[Last edited by skell at 09-30-2008 06:20 PM]
09-29-2008 at 05:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Re: Crashing DROD and Build/Gen.Entity quirks (0)  
skell wrote:
Because mrimer requested, I have build a simple hold which exposes How to Crash DROD, and few other quirks. Everything is explained inside it. I suggest that you should be careful with it :).
Phew! I've fixed up all these cases where bad things happen when you feed the scripting engine something unexpected. Now it should quietly ignore these things in 1.1 instead of beeping at you or crashing.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-25-2008 at 03:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Crashing DROD and Build/Gen.Entity quirks (With attached hold.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com