Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : Secret Rule 8: Flair : Entrance (I have one question.)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
IP: Logged
icon Tendry's Tale : Secret Rule 8: Flair : Entrance (0)  
Is it terribly relevant what I come into this level with?

That is to say: If I were to come in with 1 health, and 1 greckle (not that I have), would it be completable?
09-25-2008 at 12:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
donbrovar
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Secret Rule 8: Flair : Entrance (0)  
Banjooie wrote:
Is it terribly relevant what I come into this level with?

That is to say: If I were to come in with 1 health, and 1 greckle (not that I have), would it be completable?

I think yes as you get fair amount of health at the beginning of this level and you loose a lot of life (% based). But I am not sure. Post a challange and check :D
09-25-2008 at 12:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Secret Rule 8: Flair : Entrance (+2)  
It's not terribly critical, but there is a minimum. Ideally, you want to have found as many Power Gems as possible (I think the max is 222 base ATK) and have the best Shield possible (Knight Shield in this case).

If you have those, then the rest is pretty variable: you can go in with 2 HP, no keys, no accessory and ~1300 greckles (maybe a bit lower) and still complete it. Of course, the more you have, the more leeway and choices you have. I'm not sure how much missing a few Power Gems or not having the Knight Shield affects things though - that'd take a lot more experimentation to figure out.

(And if you're strong enough
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by mrimer at 09-25-2008 04:01 PM]
09-25-2008 at 12:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Well, I seem to have 223 base attack (????) and the knight shield, so I guess the rest is just me learning to play. Check.

Update: Learned to play. That was insanely awesome.

Okay this game doesn't suck

[Last edited by Banjooie at 09-26-2008 08:04 AM]
09-26-2008 at 07:07 AM
BSmartt
ok, I have been over and over and over everything
you can PM me on this, cuz I am befuddled as all heck (I am remembering you can't use swear words on the forum here lol)

I have 2088 HP, 342 attack and 130 defence but can't get past that wubba (nor the first without the handbomb)and take on the wyrm without dying....I've still used the portable orb and pickaxe to get it, the bomb I used on the wubba to get the pickaxe, so yeah, I'm screwed no matter how many times I've gone over it;)

[Last edited by BSmartt at 12-31-2008 03:41 AM]
12-31-2008 at 03:15 AM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
I don't remember seeing any Really Big Sword in the first part. I do remember seeing a red barrier in the second half of the game though. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to go back to the first half of the game after going to the second.

Do you have the hook, BSmartt? If you don't you should get it from a secret room in Rule Six. If you do have it, I think you should start the game over again so you have enough ATK to kill the wubba.

To kill the Adder, you must have the Wyrm Smiter. You can get that by doing a series of accessory trade-offs up until you get the

If you still need help, I can PM you on the subject. :)

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 12-31-2008 03:26 AM]
12-31-2008 at 03:25 AM
BSmartt
there is a wyrm slayer in the room off from the place you can get the hook, the one with the books and desk and stuff, but yeah even with the hook unless I have the wyrm slayer I am screwed, and it's behind a red gate

[Last edited by BSmartt at 12-31-2008 03:37 AM]
12-31-2008 at 03:36 AM
12th Archivist
To get behind that red gate you need a Portable Orb. You know where one of those are...

I'd PM you the list of how to trade-off the accessory items, but you don't seem to accept PM's.

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 12-31-2008 05:11 AM]
12-31-2008 at 05:10 AM
BSmartt
12th Archivist wrote:
To get behind that red gate you need a Portable Orb. You know where one of those are...

I'd PM you the list of how to trade-off the accessory items, but you don't seem to accept PM's.

I just changed my settings to accept PMs, didn't realize it wasn't on;)

12-31-2008 at 05:42 AM
12th Archivist
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Secret Rule 8: Flair : Entrance (+1)  
I told you before that using the handbomb on the wubba is a very bad idea.

The 'hook' is a new weapon that will increase your ATK by 50 points. It is shaped like a fishhook.
The 'grappling hook' is an accessory item that allows you to jump across single tiles of pit. To use it, face the direction that you want to go and move in that direction. Keep in mind that the grappling hook allows you to grapple across both single tile pit and single tile water.

12-31-2008 at 06:15 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : Secret Rule 8: Flair : Entrance (I have one question.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com