Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : My DROD:TCB is broken (fixed) (Linux install)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
IP: Logged
icon My DROD:TCB is broken (fixed) (0)  
I downloaded the demo recently for Linux, and it's worked up until now. (That is, it worked yesterday, and it worked this morning.)
Now, when I try and start it from the console, I get a load of 'drod: Assertion error in line 155 of /src/caravel/trunk/BackEndLib/Files.cpp: "wszSetAppPath != NULL"' messages, followed by './drod-tcb-demo: line 4: 7080 Segmentation fault env "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$TCB_HOME/Libs:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" "PATH=$PATH:$TCB_HOME/Xdg" "$TCB_HOME/drod-tcb-demo.bin" demo "$@"'
I have no idea what I did wrong here. I don't want to reinstall it, because I have a hold that I created, that I don't want to lose. I did export it from the editor, but I didn't bother to look at the time where it was exporting to, and I can't find it in any folder.

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 09-22-2008 10:34 PM]
09-21-2008 at 05:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: My DROD:TCB is broken (0)  
Backup your .dat files (where your hold is), reinstall TCB, replace the .dat files. See if that makes any difference.
09-21-2008 at 05:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Stew Boy
The only .dat file I can find is drod3_0.dat, for which the date modified is exactly the same as everything else, so I don't think it can be in there.
I tried to install it to a different location but it gives the same error.

Edit: Another thing, when I try to run the binary in the console it says './drod-tcb-demo.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
But when I look in the libs folder, it's there.
Edit: I put all the libs from the /libs folder into /lib, and running drod-tcb-demo.bin is no longer giving me a lib problem - it's giving me the same error messages that the bash script does, with 'Segmentation fault' at the end.

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 09-21-2008 07:24 AM]
09-21-2008 at 07:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: My DROD:TCB is broken (+1)  
I edited your original post to make it clear that it's the Linux install, so that Trick will notice it if it shows up on the forums.

But I strongly suggest you email support@caravelgames.com with your problem, as the general forum is not guarunteed to be read by anyone who can actually help.

09-21-2008 at 09:24 AM
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
icon Re: My DROD:TCB is broken (+2)  
Thanks, Eytan =)

Modified dat files and such live in your home directory, in ~/.caravel/drod-3_0-demo for the demo version. I'd like you to try moving that directory out of the way so DROD can't find it (it'll generate a new one for you), and see if that fixes the problem:
 $ mv ~/.caravel/drod-3_0-demo ~/.caravel/drod-3_0-demo.crash
If that works, please zip up the original directory (or tar, rar, etc) and e-mail it to me at gerryj at caravelgames.com, so I can try to track it down here.

Also, can you remember if you did anything special the last time you ran DROD, or before the first time it started crashing?

Also also, I don't recommend running DROD without the wrapper script, since some versions of the libraries it uses have major issues, and the ones included with DROD have been verified to work (or should, anyway; if they don't, that's a bug). If you need to run the executable directly for some reason, you can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH on the command line to tell the linker where to look for libraries first, like this: LD_LIBRARY_PATH=Libs ./drod-tcb-demo.bin

[Last edited by trick at 09-21-2008 04:31 PM]
09-21-2008 at 04:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Stew Boy
Ok, I fixed it. I renamed my old dat directory like you said, and it ran fine. I checked the directories and noticed that drod.ini in the crashed dat folder was empty. I replaced that with the new, working drod.ini and it's fine now. My hold is still there. Thanks for that!
I'm not sure what would've caused it. I remember that just before I exited for the last working time, the man was saying something like 'So, you're back' or whatever (I'd gone through the whole conversation the time before), but I exited before he got far. When I restarted it just now, he continued on where we left, so I'm not sure if that's it or not.
Also, when I checked the crashed directory for my hold that I exported, I noticed that it was also empty, so I guess it didn't export properly or something. The file being there doesn't cause DROD to crash, though.

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 09-22-2008 10:35 PM]
09-22-2008 at 07:18 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : My DROD:TCB is broken (fixed) (Linux install)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com