Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD RPG: Pocket roach. (How exactly does it work?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon DROD RPG: Pocket roach. (+1)  
I couldn't find documentation on it in the help files, so I'm just wondering what the rules for it are.

-Erik

09-17-2008 at 08:27 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
icon Re: DROD RPG: Pocket roach. (+2)  
When you hit the "Activate Item" button (or whatever it is), it gets placed at your feet, and follows you around. Bump into it, and it's back in your pocket.
1. It can't take damage.
2. It can't do damage.
3. It can push down pressure plates.
4. It can be blocked by a sword.
5, Everyone likes it. :D

That's pretty much all there is.

09-17-2008 at 08:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
icon Re: DROD RPG: Pocket roach. (0)  
We should have all accessories listed in the help files, though, with the respective effect explained

09-17-2008 at 09:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 371
All standart accessories. This is custom accessory for official hold.

Best quote ever (TSS ending spoiler):
Click here to view the secret text

09-17-2008 at 09:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Monkey wrote:
5, Everyone likes it. :D
Yeah, even though I used to hate all the little pocket roaches in my apartment, this one is very likable.

At first I thought the pocket roach was going to give me +1 attack and defense when deployed. It's a relief to know I was wrong, since that would mean a lot of tedious popping out the roach before combat to get optimal results.

-Erik

09-17-2008 at 09:08 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
vittro wrote:
We should have all accessories listed in the help files, though, with the respective effect explained
I can do that! :P
Edit: Look below for why I deleted all this stuff.

[Last edited by Monkey at 09-17-2008 09:23 PM]
09-17-2008 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
Please don't try to do it yourself, ask a dev to write it.

Most of the items have hidden features and are explained in the full version of the game.

If you write it, it will very probably miss lots of the features.

09-17-2008 at 09:22 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Hmm? Last time I checked the accessories were described on the help pages (Save for the roach of course since that's a scripted one and not part of the premade items).
09-17-2008 at 10:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Can I ask if you're using 1.0.0.47? I haven't downloaded the latest full install (only the patch from 46), but I haven't seen it since my first version.

[Last edited by Tim at 09-18-2008 09:39 AM]
09-17-2008 at 11:09 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: DROD RPG: Pocket roach. (+1)  
Doom wrote:
Hmm? Last time I checked the accessories were described on the help pages.
They are. Unfortunately, they're buried--not linked from the index, for instance. There are two entries, and neither one goes to the right place.

You can go to "Level Editor", and then "Room Editor", and then scroll down to the "customizing" section, where "equipment" is a link. Or you can try clicking this link, though it'll only work in Windows and even then, I make no guarantees.

EDIT: apparently, clicking that doesn't do anything at all. Huh. The link is file:///C:/Program%20Files/DROD%20RPG%20-%20Tendry%27s%20Tale%20Demo/Data/Help/1/equipment.html -- you can always cut-and-paste.

[Last edited by Tahnan at 09-18-2008 02:32 AM]
09-18-2008 at 02:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Tahnan wrote:
EDIT: apparently, clicking that doesn't do anything at all. Huh. The link is file:///C:/Program%20Files/DROD%20RPG%20-%20Tendry%27s%20Tale%20Demo/Data/Help/1/equipment.html -- you can always cut-and-paste.
Let me guess - you're using Firefox?

Links from websites to local files are disabled in Firefox by default, you'd have to fiddle with the prefs.js file (or a checkbox in the NoScript extension) to make it work...

09-18-2008 at 08:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Besides, that link works only if you have the demo version, and you installed it to the default directory (I never put my games in program files myself)

But agreed. Some of those pages are behind too many links. The extended table of contents can be helpful - Lists topics much like the main help but eliminates surfing between pages to find what you need. I've also noticed myself looking for a search feature that isn't there a few times.
09-18-2008 at 08:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
The extended table just sends me to the game elements page if I look up for inivisibility potions (which of course isn't there).

On the other hand, that equipment page really needs some improvements; it tells me I get ATK bonus for all my shields.

09-18-2008 at 09:41 AM
Doom
Tim wrote:
The extended table just sends me to the game elements page if I look up for inivisibility potions (which of course isn't there).
Just for clarity, Tim is talking about the Index page. The Extended Table of Contents is separate.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are more small errors from converting the TCB help to RPG. But those have probably little to do with pocket roaches.
09-18-2008 at 09:57 AM
ErikH2000
Eight years later, I am playing DRODRPG again, and wonder exactly the same thing. Then I Google search "drod rpg what is pocket roach for" and come here.

It's a strange thing to have completely forgotten this conversation and then find that an 8-years-younger version of yourself has already done exactly what you are doing currently.

-Erik

02-13-2016 at 08:19 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD RPG: Pocket roach. (How exactly does it work?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com