Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Pocket bug? (Left-click and ctrl-left-click)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
IP: Logged
icon Pocket bug? (+1)  
On Bravery, 2N 8E, I have essentially cleared the room except for a potion and a tar baby. When I enter from the left, and try to ctrl-click south, it says "no simple or previous path is possible". When I click one square above it, Tendry moves there normally. I would think that if Tendry could move to an exit square upon click, he would be able to leave upon ctrl-click.

Edit: I believe it has to do with stepping on pressure plates. It's also happening in Rule 6, 5N.

[Last edited by zex20913 at 09-14-2008 02:18 PM]
09-14-2008 at 12:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
icon Re: Pocket bug? (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
On Bravery, 2N 8E, I have essentially cleared the room except for a potion and a tar baby. When I enter from the left, and try to ctrl-click south, it says "no simple or previous path is possible". When I click one square above it, Tendry moves there normally. I would think that if Tendry could move to an exit square upon click, he would be able to leave upon ctrl-click.

Edit: I believe it has to do with stepping on pressure plates. It's also happening in Rule 6, 5N.
I'm not sure whether there's an issue here. If you haven't yet explored the room in the direction you're attempting to quick-exit, then it won't allow you to use quick backtracking movements. If this isn't the case for you, however, please post or send me a saved game that I can play from to reproduce the problem. Thanks.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-04-2008 at 07:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339

File: Bug showing.drh (834 bytes)
Downloaded 38 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Pocket bug? (+1)  
I can confirm that this happens whenever there's a pressure plate between where you are and where you're trying to go, even if the room you're going to is explored. One could reproduce this easily in the following hold. Explore every room, then try every combination of which room and standing after/on/before the pressure plate.

10-04-2008 at 08:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Sillyman wrote:
I can confirm that this happens whenever there's a pressure plate between where you are and where you're trying to go, even if the room you're going to is explored. One could reproduce this easily in the following hold. Explore every room, then try every combination of which room and standing after/on/before the pressure plate.
Thanks for the sample hold. I see it now. Click-exiting was explicitly avoiding pressure plates. I've changed this for the next patch so click-exiting will not treat pressure plates differently than floor when backtracking.

10-04-2008 at 09:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
I haven't tested this yet, obviously, but what will it do, then, if midway through a click-walk, the pressure plate turns on a door making the exit inaccessible?
10-04-2008 at 09:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Banjooie wrote:
I haven't tested this yet, obviously, but what will it do, then, if midway through a click-walk, the pressure plate turns on a door making the exit inaccessible?
It's possible the pressure plate is a toggle, and stepping off it will reopen the obstructing gate. So, path-mapping will continue until the player is blocked.

10-04-2008 at 10:39 PM
Mechadragon
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
I'd argue that it should treat pressure plates as movable floor only if stepping on and off of them changes nothing about the room.
10-04-2008 at 10:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1306
I'd agree with that.
10-06-2008 at 06:54 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Pocket bug? (Left-click and ctrl-left-click)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com