Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : RPG room images
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
IP: Logged
icon RPG room images (0)  
Sorry for asking this, as it has been asked and answered hundreds of times for normal DROD, but is it just me that can't see any room images for the RPG?

Yes, I'm connected to caravelnet with the checkmark, have seen a few 'xth place's so some things are being uploaded, have clicked report my process in settings and exited + reopened several times. Can't seem to see any at all.

[Last edited by TripleM at 09-14-2008 10:34 AM]
09-14-2008 at 10:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: RPG room images (0)  
No, it's not just you. The room images are not working.

About uploading your progress, I'm not sure if any progress is being uploaded.

09-14-2008 at 10:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: RPG room images (+1)  
Room images itself are working, you can try with the rpg test (although I'm sure that pink transparency isn't final). The problem is CaravelNet doesn't know yet who should be able to see them in the official hold.
09-14-2008 at 11:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
Doom wrote:
Room images itself are working, you can try with the rpg test (although I'm sure that pink transparency isn't final). The problem is CaravelNet doesn't know yet who should be able to see them in the official hold.
D'oh, I thought that was working. If not, it's something for Schik to look into. (The game should be uploading exploration progress like for DROD. If it doesn't, please let me know.)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 09-14-2008 10:27 PM]
09-14-2008 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
I noticed this thread has a green checkmark. Thus, can I ask once again - is it still just me its not working for? If not, why did this get marked as fixed?

(I only have a month of caravelnet, so it'll be rather annoying if it runs out and I still can't see room images..)
09-30-2008 at 02:16 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
I think it's just you who can't see any RPG room images. Or are there other forum members who can't see RPG room images? What do you see when you try to view room images?

I can see RPG room images. I'm not sure what it is about these room images that has been fixed. The problems for me still are:
* I cannot see room images for hidden rooms I've visited. (I know this is because the RPG isn't yet fully connected with CaravelNet. This is not a big deal to me, as finding these rooms is the challenge, not doing stuff in them.)
* I see bright pink instead of tranparency behind all objects in the room images. (This is not a big deal to me either.)

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 09-30-2008 02:31 AM]
09-30-2008 at 02:24 AM
noma
Rank Points: 1594
I cannot see any room images either and never have been able to. I have purchased the full game, have caravelnet and my progress has been uploaded.
09-30-2008 at 02:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
I checked this by logging out of the forum.

Then, I could see room images for Paycheck, 67th Grayman, and RPG Test. For Tendry's Tale, I got the "sorry, you're not logged in, haven't uploaded progress, or you're having a crappy day" message.

Since I can see non-hidden room images when I am logged in, I'm wondering what's the difference between us. What version of the RPG are you using? I've been using 1.0.1.47. (I know there's a new patch on the Bugs board, but I don't like what it does to invisibility potions, so I haven't installed it.)

EDIT: I'm not sure how this could make a difference, but I'll mention it anyway. I started playing Tendry's Tale in the demo version (1.0.0.46, I believe, and could already see room images while I was playing that) and then imported my progress into the full version. Is that what you did too?

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 09-30-2008 03:12 AM]
09-30-2008 at 02:54 AM
noma
I am using the same build -- 1.01.47. I downloaded the original build, then upgraded. I never downloaded the demo but bought the game right from the start.

Funny thing: I can see the 67-th Grayman, Paycheck and RPG Test room images, but I've never played any of those level sets/quests/tales (or whatever we're going to be calling them.) Haven't even downloaded them.

Interesting.
09-30-2008 at 05:12 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
That is pretty interesting, indeed.

I forgot to ask: Did you patch to 1.0.1.47 before or after you started playing Tendry's tale?

So the important difference between us is either what version of the RPG we started playing in (1.0.0.46 vs 1.0.1.47) or whether we started playing in the demo version or the full version.

Regarding the non-official room images - When an architect submits a hold, they have the option to select "allow viewing only if visited". This option is selected for all official holds, which is why lots of people ask questions about viewing those room images. The architects of Paycheck, 67th Grayman, and RPG Test did not select that option, so those room images can be viewed by anyone who visits the forum.
09-30-2008 at 05:36 AM
TripleM
Just to clarify, since I wasn't really clear - I can see the other hold's rooms fine. Just not Tendry's Tale.
09-30-2008 at 07:55 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
noma wrote:
I cannot see any room images either and never have been able to. I have purchased the full game, have caravelnet and my progress has been uploaded.
Exactly the same here...

(I played the demo, but soon after bought the full game, discarded any demo progress and started over. And I didn't connect to CaravelNet with the demo either. And I've upgraded to 1.0.1.47 when it came out...)

[Last edited by Briareos at 09-30-2008 08:20 AM]
09-30-2008 at 08:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noma
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
I forgot to ask: Did you patch to 1.0.1.47 before or after you started playing Tendry's tale?
I patched to 1.0.1.47 after I purchased and played the game for a bit.
10-01-2008 at 01:25 AM
kie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 221
I can't see room images either.
I bought and downloaded the full version without downloading the demo. I have not yet patched to .47

10-01-2008 at 01:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
Well I can't see any images either and I have the .48 patch installed. When I click to upload my progress I get a bar on the bottom that goes about 1/4 of the way and then it looks done. I am not sure it it up loaded. All the downloading features work. I imported my player from the demo to the full version. Got stuck on level 6 so that is how I found out I had a problem. :?

10-06-2008 at 12:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: RPG room images (+4)  
I think this is fixed. The way rooms are marked as being visited changed pretty dramatically, and the server was trying to find them the old way.

Rabbit - you were able to see the images because you're a moderator for the H&S boards, and that bypasses the check to see if you've visited the room.

10-07-2008 at 04:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Briareos
Schik wrote:
Rabbit - you were able to see the images because you're a moderator for the H&S boards, and that bypasses the check to see if you've visited the room.
That's strange - it didn't do that for me... :|

(At least Tendry's Tale rooms definitely didn't show for me... and I could swear the same goes for several DROD rooms...)

EDIT: By the way - I still get a "Room image not available" smackdown even trying to view the entrance room of Rule 1 - does that make me extra special? :?

(Or do I have to re-upload my progress and/or play through the game again to see room images?)

[Last edited by Briareos at 10-07-2008 08:46 AM]
10-07-2008 at 08:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
Thank you Schik!! While some of the images are almost too dark to see, I can at least see them. :thumbsup

10-07-2008 at 01:45 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Briareos wrote:
Ah, I hadn't set that up for you. Done now.
(Or do I have to re-upload my progress and/or play through the game again to see room images?)
Yes, everyone needs to have their progress uploaded, which AFAIK should just require restoring to the furthest point in your game and exiting the game - progress should be uploaded whenever you leave the game screen.

[Last edited by Schik at 10-07-2008 02:14 PM]
10-07-2008 at 02:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Briareos
Schik wrote:
Briareos wrote:
Ah, I hadn't set that up for you. Done now.
Alright, it works. Thanks! :)

Yes, everyone needs to have their progress uploaded, which AFAIK should just require restoring to the furthest point in your game and exiting the game - progress should be uploaded whenever you leave the game screen.
So what does the "Report my progress" button on the settings screen do, then? :look

np: Pinch - 136Trak (Black Round Ghosts)

10-07-2008 at 04:45 PM
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
icon Re: RPG room images (+2)  
Nice to see Tendry's Tale 1.1 up on CaravelNet: I can finally flag my missing rooms as visited.

Have noticed a small problem with the image generator though: platforms are not visible on any image that I've checked. All I can see in rooms where they should exist is open pit instead.
08-04-2009 at 08:58 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : RPG room images
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com