Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Newest build for LINUX
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
porcorosso
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
IP: Logged
icon Newest build for LINUX (0)  
I am one of those penguins who enjoys DROD, but after a long break I have problems with the newer holds. I have TCB demo version 3.1.0.54 which is what is available from caravell main page I think, but I have not seen anywehere a 3.2 version download for Linux (The downloads page has only the patch for Windows) , So how can I get a newer build for my machine ?
08-18-2008 at 01:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: Newest build for LINUX (0)  
You'd probably get faster response if you post this in a different board, like General, or Bugs.

Back to your question: you might try this post: http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=17837&page=0#246608

08-18-2008 at 01:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
porcorosso
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
icon Re: Newest build for LINUX (0)  
Thanks Tim, from the post you forwarded it seems the 3.2 LINUX version was on the usual main caravel page download since May. I could swear I've tried it about a month ago to no avail, but probably I did something wrong, I'll try it now.

What is really bugging me, and I do not understand, is why newer builds of DROD regularly seem to break backward compatibility in downloading demos/holds . After all they are supposed to be mostly bug-fixes without adding new features/monsters, so there seems to be no need for doing that. But then again I am just a whiner after all, DROD TCB is great and I should be thankful that there is a LINUX version at all ...

[Last edited by porcorosso at 08-18-2008 02:25 PM]
08-18-2008 at 02:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Timo006
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 518
icon Re: Newest build for LINUX (+1)  
porcorosso wrote:
What is really bugging me, and I do not understand, is why newer builds of DROD regularly seem to break backward compatibility in downloading demos/holds . After all they are supposed to be mostly bug-fixes without adding new features/monsters, so there seems to be no need for doing that. But then again I am just a whiner after all, DROD TCB is great and I should be thankful that there is a LINUX version at all ...

That's because, 1. Behaviour of monsters and other things can change in order to fix a bug. Because of that, some demos are broken, because the solution in the demo is not possible anymore. 2. there is at least one new feature in 3.2, which makes it impossible to play 3.2 holds on earlier versions.

08-18-2008 at 02:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Newest build for LINUX
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com