Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Anna's First Hold (A female lead? BLASPHEMY! And very manly grunts...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kyevan
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 54
IP: Logged

File: Annas First Hold.hold (27.6 KB)
Downloaded 87 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Anna's First Hold (0)  
This hold is... not very good. I can already list a few flaws from my last playthrough to make sure it's beatable, at least - no check points, a couple rooms are either overly difficult, or just repetative, and that's not mentioning the eye-scaring 'art'... but hey, I slapped it together in a few hours in response to a female friend of mine (Who is NOT named Anna, by the way :P) complaining that all the DROD characters are male.

Uses the DROD: AE style conversions heavily, including making a couple references to the styles, so you'll probably want those installed. If anyone REALLY wants them, I can upload the portrait and sprites for the female lead, but frankly, they suck.

Gripes with DROD from this exercise: Why can't NPCs detect if there are any monsters in the room? ("wait for clean room" only works if it hasn't been empty before - say, it won't work if the monsters are created by scripts at the end of a cutscene.)
08-15-2008 at 03:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Anna's First Hold (0)  
Why didn't you rectify at least the checkpoints before uploading it? :\
kyevan wrote:
Gripes with DROD from this exercise: Why can't NPCs detect if there are any monsters in the room? ("wait for clean room" only works if it hasn't been empty before - say, it won't work if the monsters are created by scripts at the end of a cutscene.)
Try "wait for/while entity monster at [entire room's coordinates]".

08-15-2008 at 03:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kyevan
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 54
icon Re: Anna's First Hold (0)  
... Oh, that would work, wouldn't it? I should try that... maybe I can get rid of those eyes, I didn't want them there but they were needed the way I was doing it before.
08-15-2008 at 03:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Anna's First Hold (A female lead? BLASPHEMY! And very manly grunts...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com