Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Can I re-download purchased games?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
elint
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon Can I re-download purchased games? (0)  
I've purchased a couple of DROD games a few years ago. I believe JtRH and maybe KDD. Since then, I quit playing, reformatted my box, etc, and lost any e-mails or identifying information. I've e-mailed support with the e-mail address I used to purchase the games, but haven't gotten a response.

Am I contacting the right e-mail address, or is there anybody else I should get in touch with to re-download these games? Or, is my only option to re-purchase the same games? I'm not against re-buying them, as I'm already playing Architects Edition again while waiting for their response, and I'm thoroughly addicted. I just don't want to pay for something again if there is a way to get it back for free :P

So, let me know -- re-buy the same games, wait for support, or contact somebody else.

--elint

08-07-2008 at 03:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1129
icon Re: Can I re-download purchased games? (+1)  
If you have a CaravelNet subscription, redownloading is very easy.
Seeing as you don't, the best thing to do is wait for an official response.

(By the way, CaravelNet is an excellent value, adding replayability up the wazoo and an easy way to download new holds for $12 a year.)

08-07-2008 at 03:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
elint
Pinnacle wrote:
If you have a CaravelNet subscription, redownloading is very easy.
Seeing as you don't, the best thing to do is wait for an official response.

(By the way, CaravelNet is an excellent value, adding replayability up the wazoo and an easy way to download new holds for $12 a year.)

Actually, I did subscribe to CaravelNet initially, but of course that lapsed, too. If that'll let me re-download my previous purchases, that's clearly worth the $12. I'll go sign up for that now. I forgot what all benefits CaravelNet carried :P Thanks :)

--elint

08-07-2008 at 03:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
elint
icon Re: Can I re-download purchased games? (+2)  
Thanks, Pinnacle! That's all it took. Renewing my CaravelNet subscription and I have all the downloads I previous purchased.

08-07-2008 at 03:25 AM
starwed
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 49
icon Re: Can I re-download purchased games? (0)  
The stupidest of questions: where do you go to redownload the game? My profile says I have caravel net til 10/03/08, but I can't find any links.
08-11-2008 at 07:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
for smitemasterselections

go to your "profile",
and then click on "purchases"

its two lines below the caravel forum logo, (last word of that line)

for the game, next to your profile link, there is a "download"-link
there are the caravel downloads of the game

[Last edited by robin at 08-11-2008 07:51 PM]
08-11-2008 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
BeefontheBone
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 184
Alternatively, on the top of the forum under the Caravel banner is a button labelled Downloads - anything which has been linked to your forum account should be listed there.

08-11-2008 at 08:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
starwed
robin wrote:
for smitemasterselections

go to your "profile",
and then click on "purchases"

its two lines below the caravel forum logo, (last word of that line)

for the game, next to your profile link, there is a "download"-link
there are the caravel downloads of the game

I can see the smitemasters selections ok, but when I follow the downloads link I only see the patches.
08-11-2008 at 08:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
When you bought the games, you should have been given three months free access to CaravelNet - did you redeem them? That's how the purchase gets tied into your account. If you didn't, then just dig out the original email and redeem them, and the games should show up on the page robin sent you to. If you have, or if you can't find the email, then contact support@caravelgames.com. You should still be able to redownload everything you've bought for free, but there'll be a bit of verification to go through.

08-11-2008 at 09:56 PM
starwed
I originally purchased JtRH through manifesto games, and didn't get the three month trial. I did purchase caravelnet and TCB directly. But since my home PC was never connected to the internet, I never actually did anything with the subscription except download the free smitemasters selections.

Guess I'll need to contact support... thanks for the info.

08-11-2008 at 10:09 PM
Drizzo
Rank Points: 179
Downloaded JtRH through here. I want to DL it again so I can finish the last few levels. Then I will buy and play through TCB and beyond. But first I need to get JtRH again. How do I do that?

edit: It doesn't appear when I click on downloads, though I do believe I linked my caravel trial with this forum account.

[Last edited by Drizzo at 07-13-2009 04:41 PM]
07-13-2009 at 04:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
Since you don't have CaravelNet, I think you're going to have to ask Mike for a download link (and then store the file somewhere safe ;)).
07-13-2009 at 04:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Drizzo
Rank Points: 179
*sigh* I was just hoping I wasn't looking in the right place, and that there'd be something easy to do. I could have sworn I linked my account to caravelnet when I got that short trial with the game. I'm likely just an idiot, though. Well, I think I'm probably just going to buy TCB anyway, since I'm craving some DROD action, and I'll get to finishing off JtRH when a) I get sent a DL link or b) I get around to asking my brother to send me a copy.

Don't think that my sending more money is a tacit approval of this difficult method of restoring my rightfully purchased product, but is rather an indication of the extreme quality of said games, and the brilliance of the community that has created the puzzles therein.

edit: Okay I'm kinda feeling >:( about this. Bought TCB, and because my caravel net membership was extended, I can DL JtRH again, without difficulty. I should still be able to access the products I paid for without an active caravelnet account. I know $1 a month is a pittance, but it should sell itself on the merits of caravelnet's benefits and not on holding my games hostage.

[Last edited by Drizzo at 07-13-2009 05:04 PM]
07-13-2009 at 04:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Yeah, nobody's arguing with you mate. In fact, I don't think the system was setup like that intentionally. However, as dex said, emailing mike with your receipt works just as well.
07-14-2009 at 04:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Can I re-download purchased games? (+2)  
I PMed Drizzo about this. I agree we don't want CaravelNet to be sold simply in order to give people their games. I'm perfectly happy to renew anyone's game downloads if they ask me. That being said, Caravel is also not marketing itself as anyone's lifelong data warehouse. The bandwidth costs money. I'd always gently suggest backing up one's downloaded files in order to make it simple to get at them any time in the future.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-18-2009 at 05:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
lordatog
Rank Points: 51
My situation here is somewhat complicated.

1) I just downloaded the hold "Break Out of Jail!", and it has apparently completely broken my copy of DROD RPG. All of my saves for all holds have vanished, and if I attempt to save the game or move between rooms, the game crashes. So, my game is now unplayable, and I'd like to redownload it.

2) I don't know how to contact Mike, but it wouldn't do me much good anyway as I cannot find my electronic reciept. I suspect I ordered the game with my school email address, which I no longer have access to.

3) I am very hesitant to subscribe to Caravel.Net. I've tried to do this twice in the past, and ran into trouble both times. As a result of that trouble, I'm pretty sure I have multiple accounts on this site, and I don't know which of them might have purchased the game. I could very well subscribe just to find out that I still can't get the game, because I purchased it with a different account.

4) Am I just screwed here?
02-09-2010 at 01:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
blorx1
Rank Points: 920
This happened to me and I was able to fix it but what worked for me might not work for you. Also I have Vista and you may not. I was able to fix my copy of DROD RPG by choosing run as an administrator instead of running the game normally. I did have to reatart my progress but the game still worked.

02-09-2010 at 03:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
lordatog wrote:
I don't know how to contact Mike, but it wouldn't do me much good anyway as I cannot find my electronic reciept. I suspect I ordered the game with my school email address, which I no longer have access to.

[...]

Am I just screwed here?
Just contact support@caravelgames.com with more details and you should be able to contact them. It might take a while to get some response since most of them are quite busy lately.

02-09-2010 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stoney
Rank Points: 39
I´ve had a harddrive crash and thus lost my copies of DROD. I PMed Mike, aswell as shot an E-Mail to support@caravelgames.net a week ago and havent got a reply yet. :(

Is there any way to get the Download Links for my Games back without repurchasing Caravel?
11-26-2010 at 07:44 AM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
Stoney, we haven't received anything from you, would you please resend? The address is support@caravelgames.com , not .net as you wrote in your post. :)
11-26-2010 at 11:29 AM
Stoney
slimm tom wrote:
Stoney, we haven't received anything from you, would you please resend? The address is support@caravelgames.com , not .net as you wrote in your post. :)

Okay, just resent the mail.

11-26-2010 at 08:06 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Just replied to your PM, Stoney. Sorry about the delay.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-27-2010 at 06:51 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
I was actually wondering this myself recently. Will send an email right away.
11-28-2010 at 04:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stoney
Thanks guys, just received your e-mails.
11-28-2010 at 12:56 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
No no no. Thank YOU guys! Now I'm playing DROD again!
11-28-2010 at 06:08 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Can I re-download purchased games?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com