Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Beethro's grunt
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Beethro's grunt (0)  
I'm just curious, what triggers Beethro's grunt sound? Is it a certain number of kills? Wiping out a race? Something else?

03-19-2004 at 06:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Drizzo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 179
icon Re: Beethro's grunt (+2)  
Well, I'm pretty sure it's not wiping out a race, as otherwise you'd hear it ever time you killed the last tarbaby, I think it's a certain number of kills in a certain amount of time, since he seems to always do it only after he's finally free of a horde of enemies... as if to say, "Wow, that was somewhat strenuous, glad I can take a break now."

03-19-2004 at 12:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ClaytonW
Rank Points: 961
icon Re: Beethro's grunt (+3)  
I kinda wondered this myself, because I was the guy who feature-requested such a sound effect be added, but the circumstances seemed to have changed.

I suggested that a sigh or a groan of some sort should follow Beethro slaying 15 monsters with no peaceful interupitons.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I think now its like the sound is triggered after x number of no-kill-moves that occurs after a chain of n consecutive kills.

I think the number of peaceful moves is counted so that the sound doesn't trigger twice during a chain of say, 30 monsters, or if there happens to be an itty-bitty gap in a chain of monsters. So if there's a gap less than x, between kills, the number of kills continues counting.

That sounds confusing! :)

Or perhaps the sound plays if, after the chain, there are no monsters a certain distance from Beethro.
03-19-2004 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Beethro's grunt (0)  
ClaytonW wrote:
Or perhaps the sound plays if, after the chain, there are no monsters a certain distance from Beethro.
That's exactly it.

03-19-2004 at 06:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: Beethro's grunt (0)  
Cool everyone, thanks.

03-19-2004 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Beethro's grunt
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com