Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD: it's everywhere!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon DROD: it's everywhere! (0)  
So just for fun, and because I need to keep my internet connection active or my modem closes it, I decided to google the four words deadly rooms of death, not in quotes. It came back with about 150k hits. Then I put them in quotes, and it came back with about 1000, which is a much more reasonable number. However, my prodding did reveal some websites that still link to the Webfoot version of the game: this one for instance (webmeister, please remove the link once you've recorded it if you don't want people grabbing Webfoot).

Also linking to the webfoot version of DROD: mobygames.com, transgaming.com (a link to the webfoot website), igames.co.il (I think the site is iranian, I certainly can't read it), electric-games.com, newgames.ru (some of these links are to the shareware version, of all things), free-game-downloads.mosw.com (has it listed as abandonware), and then I stopped looking.

Along my travels, I came upon three webpages with cheat codes for DROD. Their contents, which had been submitted by outside people, were... ready?... our monster hints quotes, summarized in to one page. I just found this very amusing.

03-18-2004 at 10:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
icon Re: DROD: it's everywhere! (0)  
You didn't follow that link did you. If you did it goes to underdogs and the only thing you will find there is a link back to drod.net. :)
03-20-2004 at 12:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: DROD: it's everywhere! (0)  
DiMono wrote:
igames.co.il (I think the site is iranian, I certainly can't read it)

It's Israeli; I took the liberty of writing them with the updated link (given that Erik and the Caravel team aren't able to do so, the contact form being in Hebrew).

03-20-2004 at 02:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD: it's everywhere!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com