Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Another new poll feature
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
IP: Logged
icon Another new poll feature (+1)  
Now you can set a date and time for a poll to close. The biggest reason I made this was for contests - look at the FFSG poll right now, and you'll see Eytan is up by two votes, although it ended in a tie - although of course anyone can use this feature if they so desire.

The time is in GMT *only*. When you visit a thread with a timed poll, it will show you how much time is left. In the thread index page (viewboard) the poll icon will be different depending on whether the poll is non-timed, timed and open, or timed and closed.

Let me know if you stumble across any problems with it.

03-11-2004 at 04:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Another new poll feature (0)  
Very useful. I was thinking about this feature with the contests too, because it seems I'm almost never around when I say the polls are supposed to close. Yeah, good thinking.

-Erik

03-11-2004 at 04:49 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
Yes, I think this is a very good idea. It could save lots of people a lot of trouble.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
03-11-2004 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
This is a good idea, I like it. One question I have, though: After the time comes for the poll to close, will the results automatically show at the top of the post, or will we still need to click the View Results button?

03-11-2004 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
It's automatic.

03-11-2004 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
And *another* new poll feature now - multiple questions. Each question can independently be single-select or multi-select.

This got a bit hairy, so please let me know if you see anything weird with polls.

04-12-2004 at 01:37 PM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Can you vote on some questions, leave, come back, and do the rest?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
04-12-2004 at 10:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
Can you vote on some questions, leave, come back, and do the rest?
Nope, you've got to vote for everything all at once. It was already too complicated for my little brain this way, I didn't want to add more complexity. :)

04-13-2004 at 03:39 AM
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
I've just seen the I Ching competition poll, and it seems that only the first question is shown as the topic subtitle.

04-18-2004 at 10:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Well, how long do you want the subtitle to be? If you have seven questions, and seven subtitles, then the bar for that subject would be the height of 3 normal subjects, and that would just make the rest feel inadequate.

04-18-2004 at 08:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
I don't think that showing all the questions as subtitles is the solution. How about not having a subtitle at all?

04-18-2004 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Actually, how about the subtitle reads "There are multiple polls attached to this topic" or something similar, so the forum-goer knows what they're in for?

04-18-2004 at 09:52 PM
masonjason
Yes, that would be fine.

04-18-2004 at 10:18 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Another new poll feature
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com