Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : FAQ Update? (A small request for an update)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon FAQ Update? (+2)  
I couldn't find any old threads about FAQ updates, so I made a new one.

Apologies if I have missed an old thread and am cluttering up this board.

The change I think should be effected in the FAQ is on the "Polls" section about the number of options you can make. I think it chould be changes to something like "The default maximum number of options is 5, although if you wish to add more choices, you can do so by clicking the "Add Option" button".

Oh, and to avoid confusion, it may also be helpful if you also mention somewhere that if you add an option and then realise you don't need it, leaving the field blank will still omit it from the poll.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 03-04-2004 at 10:26 PM GMT]

03-03-2004 at 11:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
icon Re: FAQ Update? (+2)  
Also, the post count section needs to be altered to explain the new Rank points system.

"Oook!"
03-04-2004 at 05:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: FAQ Update? (+1)  
I'm going to go through and re-write a fair amount of it, because I'm scared that making incremental updates has made it inconsistant.

Anyway, the ranking system needs to be added quick-smart. Thanks for bringing these two issues to my attention.

Matt

03-05-2004 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: FAQ Update? (0)  
Okay, the FAQ has been updated to reflect the new moderation system, the various poll features, and Caravel's policy on saying anything about 1.7. I still need to add hold downloading, at least, but this needed to be done.

Matt

03-27-2004 at 02:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : FAQ Update? (A small request for an update)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com