Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Spiders on all tilesets (Not just blue palace style)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
joker5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 607
IP: Logged
icon Re: Spiders on all tilesets (0)  
So essentially, we can still make themed holds and such because of the decorating elements. There will in fact be grass tiles, that I'm essentially sure of, so we can have outdoors stuff, and indoors stuff, and underground stuff, and crypty stuff(possibly). The other 2 styles will simply open up a much wider range of possibility. For instance, the iceworks will probably allow you to make icy levels, like the "ice" style. That's my favorite style, personally.

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
03-15-2004 at 06:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
This is something that I've been wondering how people would take.

Yes, there are only three styles. There are no plans to add more. However, as has been mentioned, within each style there will be a fair amount of variation, and you should be able to get tonnes of distinctive looking rooms with what we provide.

Again, what we're doing with the music will also make rooms stand out a bit more - to recap, the music changes depending on whether the room has lots of monsters or only a few, or it's clear.

Matt

03-28-2004 at 10:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
Mattcrampy wrote:
The music changes depending on whether the room has lots of monsters or only a few.
Does it take Roach Queens into account?

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
03-28-2004 at 10:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
Click here to view the secret text

-from Sourceforge.
Oh, and this just in:
Click here to view the secret text

This has also been discussed in the Spying on Caravel thread.

[Edited by masonjason on 03-28-2004 at 06:32 PM GMT]

03-28-2004 at 07:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Brickman
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
Back on topic, I've found that its possible to fool someone with spiders outside the palace setting. You take a level with a diffferent lightblue tileset, such as ice setting, and put one or two there. Since theyre not expecting it, you'll kill about 95% of your players the first time they enter the room. Of course it only works once in a hold, and you must put it within 5 steps of entering the room to avoid frustrating them by making them redo something, but I've even forgotten about them myself on my own level.
07-07-2004 at 10:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
J.O.
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: Spiders on all tilesets (+3)  
Really, was so much ranting needed, there IS a extremely simple way to make spiders mastercloakers:

All I did was to completely erase them but the red eyes, works like a charm in all sets, and they get specially tricky on the purple-floored lava set :yes
So you see, it is extremely simple, no coding, no additional images of them, however they are master cloakers and might need to be renamed to chamaleons now ;)
EDIT: Forgot to apologise by bumping such an old thread

[Edited by J.O. at Local Time:01-16-2005 at 05:18 PM]
01-16-2005 at 05:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I don't know why you chose to ressurect a very old thread, but the point is moot anyway, at least for JtRH - spiders work very different in JtRH.

01-16-2005 at 05:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Spiders on all tilesets (Not just blue palace style)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com