Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : "mark all posts read" bug
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
leroy00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 155
IP: Logged
icon "mark all posts read" bug (0)  
On Tuesday evening, I used the "mark all posts read" option on the forum main screen to, well, mark all the posts as read. This morning I visited the forum and was somewhat surprised to find no new posts (that is, all folders beige). Checking the lastest post date fields for the boards showed, however, that there were indeed new posts. After two hours I returned (thinking maybe the function would be reset after a new visit), but posts made between the two visits also failed to flag folders. The "mark all posts read" options in the individual boards don't show this behaviour.

-leroy

Edit: It seems that the record of posts read is gone, too, for example I start on page one of every thread, even if I was on a different page. Which let me think something might have happend to my drod.net cookie and the timing was just coincidence, but I didn't have to log myself in, so that seems unlikely. Or is someone playing with the forum again? ;)

[Edited by leroy00 on 02-26-2004 at 10:03 AM GMT]

02-26-2004 at 09:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: "mark all posts read" bug (0)  
There's a very rare bug that sometimes deletes a person's row in the unread posts table. If your row is gone, then it doesn't get added to when new posts are made. I made a tool in the admin panel to check for this and reinstate missing rows - I just ran it and yours was indeed missing. So this post should be red for you.

I should probably just remove the unread posts table and merge it into the user table. I didn't do that originally because I was tracking posts differently, and it wouldn't have worked.

As for starting on the first page of every thread, that's what's supposed to happen - it only starts on other pages if you have unread posts in that thread.

02-26-2004 at 12:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
leroy00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 155
icon Re: "mark all posts read" bug (0)  
Thanks for the fix and the clarification, Schik! It's back to normal.

-leroy

02-27-2004 at 07:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : "mark all posts read" bug
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com