Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Tar Time (Since you guys just LOVE tar...)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
IP: Logged
icon Re: New Hold: Tar Time (0)  
RoboBob3000 wrote:
If you exit 1s1e to the east, you're stuck. Maybe that row of trap doors should stick you on the left side of the room.

Oh, and the entrance is hell. I almost didn't want to play the hold because of it.

I know you corrected yourself that it is 1S1W not 1S1E but how and why would you collapse all trapdoors and exit the the right?

Sorry if the entrance was too much tar to handle, personally I like it and nothing in the room will be changed.
02-25-2004 at 06:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
When I played the room, I didn't collapse all the trapdoors when going to the left, so that left me an exit over to the right still open instead of plowing through more tar to get to the left exit. I just wanted to register the room as complete first.

02-25-2004 at 07:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
joker5
Rank Points: 607
Oh.

I didn't know you could do that; I beat the whole hold a while ago. No major issues, or minor ones.

~joker

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
02-25-2004 at 08:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Whats the problem there? I don't get stuck if I exit to the east.
02-26-2004 at 12:22 AM
Stuwy
RoboBob3000 wrote:
When I played the room, I didn't collapse all the trapdoors when going to the left, so that left me an exit over to the right still open instead of plowing through more tar to get to the left exit. I just wanted to register the room as complete first.

... The exit on the right is where you came from the room before.

Sorry Robo but I am just not understanding you. Since theres no bugs (whew) that people have encountered I am going to release it into the holds section

[Edited by Stuwy on 02-26-2004 at 12:32 AM GMT]
02-26-2004 at 12:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
I exited the room to the right just to mark the room as completed, but when I came back, I couldn't cut through the tar without the mother present. It's like that one room in KDD (Level 8? I think so.) that warns you before you complete it.

02-26-2004 at 01:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
joker5
Rank Points: 607
Auch.

Man, you're not cut out for tar are you?

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
02-26-2004 at 01:27 AM
Stuwy
RoboBob3000 wrote:
I exited the room to the right just to mark the room as completed, but when I came back, I couldn't cut through the tar without the mother present. It's like that one room in KDD (Level 8? I think so.) that warns you before you complete it.

Ahhhhh I see now. Sorry but the only answer to get past it is by doing it again. The new version there is a red door so you must collapse all trapdoors. (The new version can be found in the Holds section)
02-26-2004 at 04:14 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Nice hold. Just completed it.. my favourite rooms were.. hmm.. the nontar rooms :D. But the tar ones weren't too bad, except for 1S 4W, that was just awful.. its quite hard to get to the first checkpoint safely, thats probably done on purpose, but another checkpoint near the entrance to the room would be very very useful.
02-28-2004 at 09:20 AM
Stuwy
TripleM wrote:
Nice hold. Just completed it.. my favourite rooms were.. hmm.. the nontar rooms :D. But the tar ones weren't too bad, except for 1S 4W, that was just awful.. its quite hard to get to the first checkpoint safely, thats probably done on purpose, but another checkpoint near the entrance to the room would be very very useful.

1S 4W??!!111 You have to love that room! Same with 3S 6W or 2S 2W. This indeed was the most fun hold to make. (And playtest)
02-29-2004 at 03:30 AM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Tar Time (Since you guys just LOVE tar...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com