Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Changes to DROD.net
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
IP: Logged
icon Changes to DROD.net (0)  
I was just wondering, are there any changes that anyone would like to see done to DROD.net? Anything you want added, taken away, redone, changed? I won\'t promise to do everything requested, but I will promise to consider everything for at least 10 seconds before deciding not to do it :D

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
04-11-2003 at 09:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
icon Re: Changes to DROD.net (0)  
well, since you asked... :)

is it possible to add a direct link to www.drod.net here on the forum pages? All the current \'home\' or \'drod.net\' links take us back to the main forum page.

also, a couple pages, \"News\" and \"Stories\", aren\'t formated properly for 800x600 resolution or below. It\'s a little annoying to have to scroll sideways to read a single line of text. It actually might be the size of some of the pictures that\'s causing it on those pages, rather than the formating.

and an option to remove frames might be helpful. No matter what page you\'re on at drod.net it always says www.drod.net in the address line at top. This makes it difficult to cut & paste a direct link, say, if I wanted to email a direct link to the Carnavel Drod screenshots to someone who was curious about what the game looked like. Sure I could just e-mail the www.drod.net link and tell them to look around but a direct link is sometimes more helpful.

Just a couple things I\'ve noticed :) otherwise, it\'s looking good.

04-11-2003 at 10:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
Well... I\'ve mentioned this already before (i.e. before you were webmaster), but that music thing is annoying - Clayton fixed the major problem (it loading up loudly on public computers) by making it default to being off, but still on most computers I try to access it I\'m prompted to download quicktime plugins I have no interest in.

Also, since DROD3D is dead, maybe removing the progress bar is in order?

Other that those two (minor) points, I don\'t have any problems with the site.

04-12-2003 at 02:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Did that grabbing challenges from the forums idea get dropped. I think that would be a pretty good idea.
04-12-2003 at 02:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Malarame
All are good ideas. I only have a few minutes right now so I can\'t write a response to each one, but I will address each request when I get a chance. Keep the ideas coming!

-Groucho Marx
04-12-2003 at 03:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: Changes to DROD.net (0)  
eytanz wrote:
Its not dead. TLK just released a new demo and it looks much better. Matt, check in the files directory and youll find a new zip archive that can be pimped out.

-Erik (from an internet cafe in the Czech Republic)

04-12-2003 at 10:02 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Ooh...very cool. Now if it would only work on my computer...

04-12-2003 at 05:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Malarame
icon Re: Re: Re: Changes to DROD.net (0)  
erikh2000 wrote:
eytanz wrote:
Its not dead. TLK just released a new demo and it looks much better. Matt, check in the files directory and youll find a new zip archive that can be pimped out.

As with many other things, I\'m going to take care of that in the next update, which should be in a week or two.

-Groucho Marx
04-14-2003 at 01:35 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Re: Re: Changes to DROD.net (0)  
erikh2000 wrote:
eytanz wrote:

Cool! Glad I was wrong about that... Though I\'m sure I remember someone saying that work on DROD3D has stopped...

04-14-2003 at 03:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Changes to DROD.net (0)  
eytanz wrote:
Cool! Glad I was wrong about that... Though I\'m sure I remember someone saying that work on DROD3D has stopped...

Right. TLK stopped on DROD3D for a bit to make a few bucks on some contract work for another company. I\'m not sure how much time they are getting in now, but I know that work has resumed. You\'ll see quite a few artistic improvements when you look at their next demo. There is an optional camera view that goes behind Beethro\'s head. It is not good for solving rooms, but fun to play with.

-Erik

-Erik

04-14-2003 at 08:57 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Changes to DROD.net
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com