Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 23 1N
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
yarnexpress
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
IP: Logged
icon Level 23 1N (0)  
Sob! Weep! #$@*! The last room on 23 & I CANNOT do it! I've read all the (many) threads on this room to no avail. I hate goblins! Is it my imagination or do these pesky critters act sometimes unpredictably? My specific problems. If I use 1 goblin I can't break the wall & escape without getting killed. (Leading the goblin.) Following the goblin, I get it on a force arrow.

The threads for this room say 2 goblins are easier. BUT I can't get 2 goblins out of the entrance. If I manage to get one out, it's a matter of kill or be killed with the remaining one OR my manueverings result in the 1st one coming back.

I have never been able to deal with 2 goblins at once. I just can't figure it out.
:w00t

02-14-2004 at 10:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: Level 23 1N (0)  
I don't usually do this, but I'm going to give you a simple step-by-step way to get both goblins ready to go up, because you looked around before posting this thread.
Click here to view the secret text

02-14-2004 at 11:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Click here to view the secret text

Even with these hints, I suspect it will still take you a couple of hours. I had to discover these things by myself as I was not on the forum then and it took me a couple of *days*. Add a really slow computer to that and.....

Anyways, I think tenacity is the key to this puzzle.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
02-14-2004 at 11:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
yarnexpress
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
Much thanks! I'm off to try again. My problem was at 2 so that bit of sword play will is just what I needed. Trying to complete the room with only 1 goblin, did teach me how to trap it & locate the breakable wall. Trapping 2 shouldn't be a problem. Famous last words! I know I'll have plenty of challenges maneuvering 2 of these devils around. Then onto 24!

I have spent 3 or 4 hours over the last 5 days on this room. Red Hawk I applaud your tenacity!

Once I complete 25, I plan to revisit "goblin" rooms. I hate the fact that I can't conquer these monsters.

02-15-2004 at 12:50 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Goblins are actually my favourite monster.. basically because, when you are good at it, you can make them do almost anything you want!

Though I have to say, out of all drod this was the one I found the hardest.
02-15-2004 at 02:15 AM
DiMono
Yes, this is also the room that took me the longest to figure out. For a long time, it was my least favourite, but now that I've beaten it several times it's pretty routine.

02-15-2004 at 02:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
I have always done this room with only 1 goblin.
02-15-2004 at 11:52 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
If you do it with only one goblin, how do you break the crumbly walls?

Matt

02-15-2004 at 02:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
I did it with one goblin. I'll send you a demo if you want.

02-15-2004 at 02:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
I'm pretty sure it's possible with 1 goblin, and that would make it much easier, but it's probably not intended.

Everyone who always only uses one: I challenge you to do it with two.

02-15-2004 at 03:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I did it with on goblin too, although the demo is long gone after that corruption problem I had. There are actually step-by-step directions in a thread in this forum, I believe. Anyway, it's definitely possible to break the crumbly wall and survive, although it is pretty harrowing.

And I think there might already be a challenge on the Challenges board for people to do it the opposite way than they normally do.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-15-2004 at 05:42 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
I'm pretty sure that this was the room that caused me to take a seven-month hiatus from Webfoot, and then I came back, and beat it within an hour.

But I wouldn't suggest that for anyone else.

02-15-2004 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Doing it with one goblin involves some creative movement within the first snake pit, and there's a counter-intuitive trick you must employ as well. I have a demo of it each way on my computer (though I got the single goblin demo from someone else from another thread ;) ).

02-15-2004 at 06:52 PM
Skylancer64
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 62
I can't figure it out? How is a one goblin solution possible at all?

02-23-2004 at 02:44 AM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Skylancer PM me your email address and I will mail you a demo.
02-23-2004 at 03:31 AM
The_Red_Hawk
Can you give me one too? at www.submersie@hotmail.com

02-23-2004 at 03:12 PM
redcloud
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Hello !
I'm a french fan of DROD. I resolve all room by myself until this one. I search a long time but i can't find the solution. I'm at the north of the room with ONE goblin. And then ???
Please help me ! How to kill the snakes ??
If you can't tell me on the forum and if someone have a demo, please send me to redcloud4@caramail.com.
Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!
08-03-2004 at 04:39 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
redcloud wrote:
Hello !
I'm a french fan of DROD. I resolve all room by myself until this one. I search a long time but i can't find the solution. I'm at the north of the room with ONE goblin. And then ???
Please help me ! How to kill the snakes ??
If you can't tell me on the forum and if someone have a demo, please send me to redcloud4@caramail.com.
Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!

Ah, well...

To kill the snakes effectively, you need both the goblins, one for each snake.

Try searching for other threads on this room, with hints, or you could use DiMono's walkthrough to the first section to help you set up the room so you have both goblins at the top.

Oh, and :hi to the forums!

08-03-2004 at 04:45 PM
Oneiromancer
icon Re: Level 23 1N (+1)  
agaricus5 wrote:

Er, but as many previous posts in this very thread point out, it is certainly possibly to do it with one goblin. That's how I did it when I first beat this room.

Sometimes people don't put the room location in the title; they just say "Level 23" and leave it at that. Try looking through those posts too for more hints, possibly.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-03-2004 at 04:50 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Oneiromancer wrote:
agaricus5 wrote:

Er, but as many previous posts in this very thread point out, it is certainly possibly to do it with one goblin. That's how I did it when I first beat this room.

Goodness. I'm sorry.

Did I somehow offend you?

I wasn't aware you could do that. Perhaps I'll go off to try it now.

08-03-2004 at 04:58 PM
Oneiromancer
icon Re: Level 23 1N (+1)  
:huh

Offend me? Where did you get that idea? No, I was just pointing out something that I thought all the "old-timers" knew anyway. ;)

Go ahead and try it out, there is definitely a thread from around when this board started that describes how to do it too.

Game on,

08-03-2004 at 05:06 PM
redcloud
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
:? But how can you kill the two snakes with only one goblin ???
Please..... :~(
08-23-2004 at 01:03 PM
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
Obviously you'll have to some how get the goblin back out after you kill the first snake. Click on the search/new topic button at the top of the screen. Once you bring up the list of previous topics, the last thread started on 03-21-2003 contains a complete spoiler for how to do so. I used this spoiler and finally solved the room after SIX FREAKIN' YEARS!!! Um, sorry about that. :cool Anyway, this should tell what you wanted to know.
08-23-2004 at 01:33 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 23 1N
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com