Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Game quote "tag"
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nillo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
IP: Logged
icon Game quote "tag" (0)  
I don't usually watch movies or listen to music, neither am I very good at mathematics, so I thought of this.
Similar to the other "tags", but with quotes from games instead. There is one new rule, however:
After no one has guessed on a quote for two weeks, anyone is free to post a new one.

I'll start it off:

A lord might come, he will kill some, others will he beat and that will be neat.

Hints:
Click here to view the secret text

Click here to view the secret text

[Edited by Nillo at Local Time:12-14-2004 at 08:49 PM]

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
01-26-2004 at 08:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: Game quote "tag" (0)  
I wonder how long it'll take for someone to put All Your Base Are Belong To Us! as their quote here.

01-27-2004 at 05:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Apparently not very long :P

01-27-2004 at 05:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Anyway, when they do I'll jump in and say Zero Wing.

Matt

01-27-2004 at 09:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
Nillo wrote:
Similar to the other "tags", but with quotes from games instead. I'll start it off:
This is a great thread! But I don't think anyone's catching your reference...another hint, maybe?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-27-2004 at 03:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sokko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 336
Wow, this is my big chance to finally get into one of these "tag" thingys! Pretty amazing that I actually played it; what you're referring to would be ADOM, the abbreviated name for Ancient Domains of Mystery, a mucho complicated Rougue-like game, though I usually compare these things to Nethack (which is simpler, ergo I play it rather than ADOM).

01-28-2004 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nillo
Whoa, I thought this topic was already dead, and you showed up.
Bring it on, Sokko!

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
01-28-2004 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sokko
I am the undisputed master of obscure video game quotes, so I'll just throw a few out there and whoever gets just one of them will be the next to go. Bonus points if you get more than one right off the bat.

"Dropping a warship on me is cheating! Take it back!"

"What, you want me to go personally? Like, in person?"

"What? WHAT? Interrupt me you must not. Practicing, I am." (not from anything Star Wars)

I'd also like to state, for the record, that I'm accessing the forums through the 36K dial-up connection on my laptop (it's *supposed* to be 56K, but I'm not about to take that up with Free Dial-Up because, well, it's free). It's quite slow; hopefully after visiting all my favorite sites, I'll have everything cached so it will load faster. Incidentally, it's kind of hard to tell the difference between the "Read" and "Unread" icons here, but that's probably just my contrast. Stupid TFT active matrix display. Aside from that, the forums look almost exactly the same in 256 colors. Yes, it's a VERY old laptop.

01-28-2004 at 11:08 PM
lady euripides
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
You win. I bestow a foil crown to you. :medieval

01-29-2004 at 12:30 AM
DiMono
Isn't the first quote from that Douglas Adams-inspired "Titanic" game?

01-29-2004 at 06:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
"What, you want me to go personally? Like, in person?"

That sounds awfully familiar... It must be from an RPG I've played.

Edit: Ah! It's Grit, the sniper from Advance Wars.

[Edited by Nillo on 01-29-2004 at 01:34 PM GMT]

01-29-2004 at 10:30 AM
Sokko
I'd say Advance Wars is a far cry from an "RPG", but you've got one! For your information, the first one comes from Xenogears, and the third comes from Super Mario RPG.

I sense a boring back-and-forth coming on, since only you and I appear to know any quotes worth being tagged with. If someone else posts, I'll be convinced. At any rate, post your quote, and try to make it fairly easy or something. I won't guess.

01-29-2004 at 11:00 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
I've played a lot of video games in my time, but amazingly enough, none of those three. And even if you did quote one from a game I played, I probably would never get it unless it was something totally obvious from the context.

The thread is an amusing idea, but it'll probably go the way of Noah's Book Quote Tag thread. No offense or anything, just the way I see it.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-29-2004 at 11:29 PM
Mattcrampy
I mean, I've played Super Mario RPG, and I didn't even get that one.

This might be rather tricky, especially since I don't pay all that much attention to the dialogue.

Matt

01-30-2004 at 12:31 AM
Nillo
Okay, I'll post more than one, too.

If I have wings, why am I always walking?

A hero desires a sword... And a sword desires truth.

Rocket Radio - Ready to Rock It

01-30-2004 at 08:36 AM
DiMono
"A hero desires a sword... And a sword desires truth." is from Soul Calibur 2

How about these ones:

Soon, I'll use this voodoo cannonball to send my significant other to the significant OTHERWORLD! Bwa, ha, ha. That'll show her how much I truly care.

Your face, your ass... What's the difference?

01-30-2004 at 02:27 PM
Nillo
DiMono wrote:
Sounds like Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project.

By the way, my first quote was from the Dreadlord (Warcraft 3)
and the third from Serious Sam - The Second Encounter.

01-30-2004 at 11:42 PM
Oneiromancer
I think DiMono's first one is from one of the Monkey Island games...probably #3, actually. It just seems right.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-30-2004 at 11:44 PM
Mattcrampy
It certainly ain't 1 or 2, and I doubt it would be 4.

But what's it called?

Matt

01-31-2004 at 12:00 AM
Oneiromancer
#3 is The Curse of Monkey Island and is probably my favorite, just because I enjoy the "newer" interfaces for adventure games...although the SCUMM interface isn't that bad, really. But I really enjoyed the voice acting.

Note that I have no quotes of my own to add...like I said I don't really remember game quotes, I can just figure them out sometimes from the context.

Game on,

01-31-2004 at 12:07 AM
Mattcrampy
I'm going to have to get that game. Not sure if EB will stock it, though.

Matt

01-31-2004 at 12:29 AM
DiMono
Nillo wrote:
DiMono wrote:
Sounds like Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project.
It was indeed, you're up!

And the first one was Curse of Monkey Island, from LeChuck

[Edited by DiMono on 01-31-2004 at 04:31 AM GMT]

01-31-2004 at 04:30 AM
Nillo
And remember... respect is everything.

01-31-2004 at 12:14 PM
Mattcrampy
Shot in the dark... Project Gotham Racing.

Never played the game, but I've seen the kudos system before. It is easily exploited.

Matt

02-01-2004 at 01:15 PM
Nillo
I was thinking of the level start in Grand Theft Auto 2, but I suppose they say that in Gotham Racing too. Never played it, though. You're up!

02-01-2004 at 06:29 PM
Mattcrampy
Duh, that's right. I knew I had heard it before.

Project Gotham was a stab in the dark, so it's kinda your go. But to tide us over, a quote:

I have fury!

Matt

02-02-2004 at 07:20 AM
DiMono
Mattcrampy wrote:
I have fury!

I have rhythm!

...sorry

[Edited by DiMono on 02-02-2004 at 01:00 PM GMT]

02-02-2004 at 01:00 PM
Nillo
A hint, maybe?

02-08-2004 at 12:04 PM
Mattcrampy
It's a Game Boy Advance game.

Matt

02-08-2004 at 12:57 PM
masonjason
Rank Points: 349
It's Fawful from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.
OK, here's mine; it gave me a huge laugh when I heard it.
Try punching those ruins!

02-13-2004 at 08:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Game quote "tag"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com