Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 2 South, 2 East (can't get the last two seeps)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
IP: Logged
icon Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 2 South, 2 East (0)  
All of the other monsters are dead. But there are these two seep (seeps?) left on a section that looks like a T grafted onto an L. There is a yellow gate in the down position at the upper left. Obviously Beethro is supposed to lure a seep onto the gate when it is up and then lower the gate to kill it.

I can't get to the switch fast enough for the seep to still be on it.

What am I doing wrong?

"Until it ends, there is no end."
07-26-2008 at 12:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 2 South, 2 East (+2)  
bdwing wrote:
What am I doing wrong?
Click here to view the secret text

np: µ-Ziq - The Motorbike Track (Royal Astronomy)

07-26-2008 at 12:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 2 South, 2 East (0)  
My problem here is the five golems in the cross-shaped area - I've managed to kill all the seeps.

I can kill three of the golems on what used to be the closed door, after opening it - but I can't then find a way to kill the remaining TWO, because one of them always occupies the central square of the "cross" they started on, and I can't get into a position where I can kill either of the golems on any square but the "northern" square of that cross - which leaves the last one alive in the middle. Somehow I need to kill one while it is in the middle row?

I think there is an order-of-movement puzzle here, in which the "slowest" golem is the one right in the centre, and somehow it has to be made to move off the centre to a corner without being blocked by other golems?

[Last edited by JLE at 03-15-2017 02:55 AM]
03-15-2017 at 02:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 2 South, 2 East (+1)  

03-15-2017 at 06:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 2 South, 2 East (0)  
Dragon Fogel wrote:

My problem was actually MAKING the golems go to 1 and 2: in other words, making the slower golem leave the centre square.

When I stand to the south of the golems, the faster golem is of course in the southern square, and the slower one still in the centre.

When I move to the east of the golems, the faster golem moves from the south square to the east square, before the slow one can leave the centre, so the slow one never leaves the centre.

My problem was making the golem that was on the centre square actually leave it without the other golem blocking it first. I eventually found a way to do that, but it was considerably harder than it looked...
03-21-2017 at 02:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 2 South, 2 East (can't get the last two seeps)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com