Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Request: "Downloads" link (at the top of the page)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5106
IP: Logged
icon Request: "Downloads" link (0)  
Matt, may we add a "Downloads" link to the row of links at the top of the page (under the logo) that goes to

http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php ? We've got lots of new people that can't find the way to navigate to it.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 07-05-2008 07:56 AM]
07-05-2008 at 07:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: Request: "Downloads" link (0)  
That bit looks fairly full (and quite neat). Could we have "Downloads" under the sailing ship?

07-05-2008 at 04:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eb0ny
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 484
Elfstone wrote:
That bit looks fairly full (and quite neat).
We could have several rows of links. Works in KoL just fine.

07-05-2008 at 04:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1547
When it comes to discoverability for new players, putting everything in one spot is a good thing. I suspect a lot of new people don't even realise that the sailing ship button is a link.
07-06-2008 at 02:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jeffrey0
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 44
icon Re: Request: "Downloads" link (+1)  
There's a ship on the forum now? ...oh, the top right corner? I've never even looked there. No kidding.

And yeah, the downloads link should really be put in a more obvious place. It'd be helpful to have some kind of "you can't view this because you don't have a login" notice on there too.

The holds link on the bottom doesn't mention TCB at all either. Makes it look kind of odd. The instructions on the hold page itself are pretty outdated as well, I don't see that "Where" button anywhere in JtRH/TCB...
07-06-2008 at 04:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
icon Re: Request: "Downloads" link (+2)  
Blah. I don't like how it looks, but it's up there. If we get a couple more links I'll split it off into two lines maybe.

07-07-2008 at 02:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Maybe we should have kept it at "CaravelNet Forum" in order to keep the banner longer. :)

07-07-2008 at 05:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1547

File: Image-0046.png (70.9 KB)
Downloaded 71 times.
License: Public Domain
It looks fine here. :) Aiming for pixel-perfect on the web is kinda hard unless you know all your users have the same browser and the same defaults (or you specify font sizes in px, which is kinda rude to people with vision problems).

[Last edited by Tuttle at 07-07-2008 06:12 AM]
07-07-2008 at 06:06 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Request: "Downloads" link (at the top of the page)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com