Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : "New topic", "New poll" and "Post reply" buttons (Confusing)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pneh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
IP: Logged
icon "New topic", "New poll" and "Post reply" buttons (+2)  
I just thought that for beginners, the "New topic", "New poll" and "Post reply" buttons can be kinda confusing. Especially for people who doesn't speak english as mother tongue. Some times (not often) newbies don't know what button to click to post a reply (me for example :blush).

So I think that it would be better that when you are in a topic the only button that exists is "Post reply". If you want to make a topic or poll, you must go back to the board.

Have I made myself clear?

06-17-2008 at 10:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1300
icon Re: "New topic", "New poll" and "Post reply" buttons (0)  
I've never had that problem, but I agree. I've never figured out why you'd want a New Topic or New Poll button while reading a post, anyways.
06-19-2008 at 04:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: "New topic", "New poll" and "Post reply" buttons (0)  
There has, however, been the occasional misclick where someone creates a new thread instead of a reply.

And if we're going to go down this road, can can the edit/delete and quote reply be a bit more separated? Because sometimes I accidentally click the wrong one, thus I'll quote myself when I mean to edit, or vice versa.
06-19-2008 at 04:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : "New topic", "New poll" and "Post reply" buttons (Confusing)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com